What type of case do you recommend for a 13in Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xoxomaclover, Jun 25, 2009.

1. xoxomaclover macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a good hard case that will cover my macbook and prevent it from scratches/hand prints. Any good recomendations? I'm also looking for like a slip in neoprone case, maybe? I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks! :)

2. richb214 macrumors newbie

3. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

I don't know why people are having a hard time trying to find a case for their macbook. GOOGLE! And yes, I have those INCASE Sleeve and they are amazing. I first used it with my 13" MacBook Unibody and then now I'm using it with my MacBook Pro 13"

4. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I am going to get the Incase Neoperon sleeve and probably the Speck satin see thru in black.

5. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Get a bag with a decent padded pocket. Hard cases are a joke (they don't do any better a job of protecting the computer than a soft one) and the "sleeves" are pointless when you can get a bag which has a nice pocket.

6. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

My AppleSac is a thing of beauty. Not a hard case, but it's an awesome sleeve.

7. xtrematrix macrumors newbie

INCASE Sleeve work great. I feel much better with the sleeve on and putting it into my camera bag then w/out.

8. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

I have a BestSkinsEver clear coating, Moshi Clearguard keyboard cover, Speck SeeTHRU Satin (black) hardcase, and an Incase 13" Nylon Sleeve Plus. Excessive, I know.

If you want to just protect it against scratches, perhaps get a BestSkinsEver/Invisible shield coating set ($25-$50, can be a pain to put on if you don't have steady hands) and any soft sleeve or bag with built-in sleeve. If you want some minor dent protection you can get a hardcase like the Spec Seethru or Incase hardshell case (be careful though if there is a little dust between the case and the Macbook it can actually cause scratches!). Be aware that the hardshell cases do add a decent amount of bulk and weight to the laptop.

9. pinoyplaya macrumors regular

Pointless? That would depend on what you need the case for. For me, I put my INCASE Sleeve inside my North Face backpack which also has a dedicated slot for laptops. With the INCASE Sleeve protecting the MacBook Pro, I have a lot less to worry about compared to just putting in my MBP directly in my backpack without other protection.

So yea... pointless? You're pointless.

Sorry.... people like you just upset me.

10. arnette macrumors 6502

arnette

11. vilasgn macrumors regular

I had bought *-Suede Jacket Sleeve- -MacBook Fit- -Black when i first purchased my uMB 13''.

I have never used my case. In fact I never felt any need. I paid 37 including shipping.

If you want i can give it to you for 20. You can search the case reviews on macrumors.

12. markrowland macrumors newbie

Incase is my favorite for cases, but if you're looking for a bag, I'd go with Timbuktu.

13. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

incase neoprene for on the go
    but i have the speck see thru on all the time