What type of panel behind glossy glass?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lauph, Aug 30, 2010.

  1. lauph macrumors regular

    Jun 29, 2007
    30 mins from Cupertino
    Is it a glossy LCD behind the glass or a matte LCD behind the glass in glossy MBPs?
  2. ouimetnick macrumors 68020


    Aug 28, 2008
    Beverly, Massachusetts
    Its a glossy LCD. Glossy with glossy glass over it.
  3. Pax macrumors 6502a

    Dec 12, 2003
    But I expect it has an anti-reflection coating on it like the Macbook panels. So while it's glossy, it's probably not as reflective as the pure glass front panel, which has no anti-reflection coating on it.

    (Put an MB and a glossy MBP side by side, you will probably see reflections are a lot brighter on the MBP, because of the very reflective glass front panel).

Share This Page