What types of tweaks drain the battery?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by docgerrard, Mar 12, 2012.

1. docgerrard macrumors 6502

1) Lockscreen and Springboard Widgets --- obviously yes
    2) Tweaks like SB Settings, Zephyr, Bite SMS - make day to day things more efficient
    3) Tweaks that simply change colors/appearance - color keyboard, springtomize
    4) Entire themes - just different icons, wallpapers, phone keys, etc --- winter board stuff (obviously not including widgets)
    5) Things like barrel - add an animation when you change screens
    6) Modifications to lockscreen - different slider, clock colors, etc.
    7) Lockinfo or intelliscreenX

the reason I ask is bc I have a lot of tweaks. my battery doesn't seem bad, but could be better

2. docgerrard thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm i thought this thread would be helpful for a lot of people.

any advice?

3. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

SBSetting tends to drain battery for some--including me--so I uninstalled it.

my two cents.

4. seven654three macrumors newbie

i found winterboard to be the main battery drainer for me.

5. docgerrard thread starter macrumors 6502

did you have any widgets or just straight up themes? i have a hard time seeing how changing colors around would drain battery

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

It depends. If your theme is constantly fetching data, then yes, but simple winterboard themes that just replace PNG files do not drain the battery. I have widgets on my LS and SB that are set to refresh every 30 minutes. Some of the widgets are set to refresh ever minute by default unless you change them manually in the HTML file.

7. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

I have IntelliScreenX set to fetch RSS, FB, and Twitter every 30 minutes. I'm losing about 10% every 30 minutes suddenly. The only thing I've changed is I updated Zephyr. I'm pretty sure Zephyr wouldn't affect battery life like that. Ugh. :mad:

8. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I'm sure all those things refreshing every 30 minutes aren't helping. Why don't you change the refresh interval to a longer time or manually?

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

'm running intelliscreenx and winterboard after 10 hours i'm at 82% check email several times play games at lunch etc. removed barrel not because of the battery but because it was causing conflicts on my 4s also never had issues with sbsetting. I think this thread contains allot of misiformation rather then being useful.