What unique things do you plan to do with Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kingofwale, Apr 5, 2015.

1. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

just thought we should do a list of things you will do with your Apple Watch after you get it. Have to be something that you normally couldn't do right now (or changes your habit)

me: I have a bluetooth speaker in my bathroom for music, however I can't change the songs while in the shower. WIth Apple watch, i will be streaming songs directly while showering. :)

2. sterl320 macrumors 6502

I can't have my phone out while I'm working, so having the :apple:Watch quickly solves that issue for me lol. I also like to hook up my macbook to my tv when I'm cleaning to play music & stuff, so having the remote on my wrist just makes it that much more convenient, especially since I lost my apple remote.

3. kingofwale thread starter macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

main reason for me too. Such a backward policy but alas we must follow it (let's hope they don't include watch in that list. ;))

4. Presonance macrumors regular

Presonance

Hoping to buy HomeKit-compatible lights for my home and control them with Siri on the watch.

5. I am Sampson macrumors 6502

I am Sampson

Not being able to have a phone out at work is also my main, in fact only, reason for having the watch.

I also like the idea of controlling hue lights when apple bother to sort out homekit, I've got 8 bulbs and 4 strips now and am slowly replacing the house as normal bulbs die or I feel like spending a bit more.

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm guessing if smartwatches take off and they see people using them to distract themselves from work they will get added to the list of things that you aren't allowed to use at work pretty quickly.

7. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I also stream songs while showering. I do sometimes wish I could skip some songs. Once I hated a song so much I actually snaked my hand out of the shower, toweled off my hand, dripped a little bit on the phone and changed it. No harm done but that was a bit insane. But I was not about to have that song stuck in my head the rest of the day!

So now we can do this with the :apple: Watch in the shower? Hmm...not sure I like the idea of wearing a watch in the shower even if it is water resistant.

I'm going to use it as a remote to control my camera. Now I just need something that can act as a tripod for my iPhone. I've never really looked into it before.

We are also always misplacing the remote to our Apple TV. I am glad to have the watch as a backup remote for that reason.

I sometimes suffer from cardiac arrhythmia. Can the Apple Watch record such an instance so I can play back and discuss it with my doctor? I've worn portable monitors before but I never get arrhythmia when I'm hooked up to the darned monitor even when I wear the blasted thing for a week or more.

8. tmiw macrumors 68000

I'd probably start using Apple Pay more often. As it is now I don't use it a lot of the time because it feels like it takes longer than swiping at some places.

9. redboxcar macrumors regular

redboxcar

I think this is probably unique: for my work, I have to use Google Authenticator & DUO authentication several times a day. I'm so looking forward to being able to pull up the auth on my wrist without the need to pull out my phone, unlock it, then open the app.

10. Presonance macrumors regular

Presonance

This is a perfect use case for the watch.

11. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

I play an MMO, it has some things that need doing at certain times in the MMO world's day. But the MMO world runs at a different time than real life - not just a different time zone, its clocks are completely different. Rather than having to pull up a website anytime I want to know what time it is in the MMO world when I'm not actively playing it, I'll keep the MMO watch-app on my wrist, like a watch for this new world. Even if I'm in the game, the in-game clock can either be set for real-world time or in-game time, not both, and I like to keep that showing real-world time, so I can glance at the watch then as well to get the in-game time.

12. sterl320 macrumors 6502

please tell me the MMO you're talking about is FFXIV:ARR. If so, kudos to you!

13. totten76 macrumors regular

totten76

Will you even be able to use the watch when your fingers are wet? You can't touch your phone when your fingers are wet without it glitching out, so will this be any different?

14. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

You win! Early screenshot of my Eorzea Watch app:

[​IMG]

15. sterl320 macrumors 6502

lol NICE! i never even thought about a watch app for the game, but I will most definitely be using it when I get mine!

16. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

What I want to try first is the navigation using the haptic feedback. I travel a lot, and this would sure beat looking down at my phone as I walk around.

17. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

I can solve your problem for just $13.99.

Waterproof Speaker

I've been using it and its pretty good for what it does.

18. kingofwale thread starter macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

you can "solve" Apple Watch with an iphone too...

does this mean none of us should buy Apple watch?

19. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

I don't meant it as a replacement for the Apple watch but as a solution to his music playback issue. Chill man.

20. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I am very excited to use the Starbucks passbook screen to pay for my coffee. I am tired of juggling my iPhone 6+ while holding my coffee container. Freeing up a hand will be GREAT.

That brings up an interesting point. The watch should stay awake a little longer than usual with Passbook up for things like Starbucks or American Airlines. It would not be useful to go blank when you tilt it away from your face in those instances.

21. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Passbook already breaks a number of such rules on iPhone. I suspect it will do the same on Watch.

22. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

23. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I'm going to dictate notes as I make my rounds at work. Control my music(hopefully Pandora will be ready as I subscribe to Pandora One) when I'm out and about. Possibly control  TV but unlikely regularly. May exercise a bit and also check Nike Fuel if Nike adds that functionally. If Incipio ever released the smart light bulb adapter then I will turn my lights on as I arrive to my home. Developing…