Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlackCimz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2019
I'm a big environmentalist with a small environmental education business. My Mac has just been resuscitated and I would love to upgrade her with a new OS, ram, and whatever I can reasonably do to make her run well and keep her going for as long as possible.

As is, I can't even print because my new printer doesn't offer a driver for my Snow Leopard OS.

I have 4 GB of ram, new 150GB SSD, 2.4 GHz processor. What have you done with your late model Mac that works well? Which OS version have you found works best?

Thanks!

mj_

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2017
Austin, TX
Something doesn't add up here. If it's a 2009 MacBook, either Early or Mid or Late, it would have a 2.0, 2.13 or 2.26 GHz CPU. If it has a 2.4 GHz CPU it should be a Mid 2010. That difference is important because the Early and Mid 2009 will only run up to 10.11 officially while the Late 2009 and Mid 2010 are officially supported in High Sierra (10.13).

You've already got the SSD, now upgrade your RAM to 8 GB, install the latest OS you can and go nuts. If you're satisfied with its performance then you should be fine for another few more years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.