What USB-C to Ethernet Adapter To Get?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by damonbus, Dec 5, 2016.

1. damonbus macrumors member

damonbus

What USB-C to Ethernet adapter should I buy? I need one and Apple is sold out until February. Any recommendations that I can buy from Amazon? I want a good one so it doesn't damage my Macbook Pro. Thanks.

2. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

i just ordered an anker with usb-a's on it too. seems like good reviews on amazon

3. jason_r macrumors newbie

4. pshifrin macrumors 6502

pshifrin

The Apple Store (Belkin) ones are really in demand. When I went to my local Apple Store to buy one 2 weeks ago, I should have bought them all and resold them!

5. killawat macrumors 65816

I wanted to like that one but it's only fast ethernet :(, and I have Gigabit WAN at home (but still useful for local transfers of course).

6. pshifrin macrumors 6502

pshifrin

No, the Belkin USB-C to Ethernet are definitely gigabit. See attached from mine plugged in right now. The older Apple USB ethernet are USB 2.0 / Fast Ethernet (and not even cause they are USB 2.0)

Screenshot 2016-12-05 17.02.54.png

7. killawat macrumors 65816

Sorry thought you were talking about the old USB ones.

8. damonbus thread starter macrumors member

damonbus

I don't know what i'm going to do, my new macbook pro is worthless without this adapter.

9. mbezzo macrumors member

10. damonbus thread starter macrumors member

damonbus

11. chevelleguy3 macrumors regular

I've got the Belkin one that I've had since I bought my 12" rMB and it works fine on the new 2016 rMBP. I rarely use it though since I have AirPort Extremes throughout my house and get a good 802.11ac signal. I only use the adapter when I take my laptop into work.

12. webberade macrumors member

webberade

13. ManuCH macrumors 6502

You can find the non-Apple branded (black) Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet in stock at Amazon (depending on the country you're in). Or at least it won't have an 8 week wait.

I have that one and it works perfectly. Otherwise get a USB-C hub like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Juiced-BizHUB-Multiport-Ethernet-Delivery/dp/B01J391C3W

No