What USB headset with mic for 13" MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by N.O.C.A., Dec 5, 2009.

1. N.O.C.A. macrumors newbie

Hi all:)

I have a 13" mbp with leopard installed. I tend to do some online gaming and other stuff, that requires me to have a headset with a microphone since i find the integrated mic insufficient. Since the 13" mbp only has a combined in/out jack connection, i cannot connect a standard headset with a mic. And so i have concluded that a usb based headset is the best option.

So, which one do you recommend?

Thanks in advance;)

2. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

3. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I used a Logitech ClearChat Pro with Skype regularly for a summer. USB based, and the sound quality was very good.

4. N.O.C.A. thread starter macrumors newbie

5. CISC-Mac macrumors newbie

I've been using the Logitech Clearchat Pro USB for over a year now without any real issues. Windows Vista/7 and OSX 10.5/10.6 works well with this without having to buy additional equipment. The software I used this with include Skype, Rosetta Stone, and game chats. Audio is good, and the other end always says it is very clear. Not sure why there are such crappy reviews on Apple's website for this product.

The minor issue I have is with OS X - for some reason the output/input is not automatically set to USB when I plug it in - I'm sure there is a script or something out there to do this; System Preferences > Audio, and setting the output and input is annoying over time. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong to begin with.