Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gramps416

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
what usb hub do you use with your MBP? Do you have a powered one?
I am looking for a USB hub that is powered and keeps wires neat.
-g

Alpha.K

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2010
I don't know the specific model that I own but I have a belkin USB hub which is a few years old but still works. It doesn't really get much use but it is pretty good. It's powered by both usb or power adapter, whatever your needs are it can pretty much adapt to. I'd recommend checking out belkin's USB hubs, it'll probably be a good place to start.

christeeezy

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2011
Just received this one in the mail. It has two convenient popup ports on it for flashdrives etc. and it is powered to keep all devices running.

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I use a iHub - actually have a few unopened ones to sell if anyone is interested.

20110709-mghfdpwwjufukriu2fij36hucr.jpg

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
I honestly don't have a need for a USB hub with my Mac. The only thing I regularly connect via USB is my iPhone - and that will be going away soon enough. My printer is connected to the WiFi network, so no cables are needed there. The only other cables I use regularly are the AC adapter and my MiniDisplay Port to HDMI adapter to connect an external monitor.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I use a very small (but powered) Belkin hub I got at Target. Hasn't given me any problems.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000SDZ0K4/ref=mp_s_a_7?qid=1310213273&sr=8-7

I had the Kensington Dome hub before that and it was problematic so I threw it in the trash.

DJRiful

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2011
Got one from futureshop a while ago. Dynex brand with 4 ports + self powered (AC adapter). I can't remember the price but it was cheap and it works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.