What USB Overdrive Settings do you use to match a PC mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GimmeSlack12, Oct 16, 2009.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I'm a lifelong Mac user, but I use a PC at work and that means using Excel and Word a lot. Whenever I work from home on my Mac I always have a slight bit more difficulty in selecting the cells I want in Excel and I do attribute this in the slight differences between how the Mac mouse and PC mouse work.

I've used USB Overdrive for as long as I can remember but I only started thinking about what settings would give me the same mouse movement as a PC on my Mac. Anyone have any help on this?

I am mainly interested in what Speed and Acceleration setting you have to best mimic a PC.
    I currently am using 400 dpi and 150% accel.

2. brandondeth macrumors newbie

pc mouse movement on mac

Here's what I use for my standard dell mouse on my mac:
    [​IMG]
    Your results may vary by mouse.

3. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

I don't think you'll ever get the same mouse cursor behavior between windows and OS X because you cannot adjust the acceleration curve under OS X. Yes, USB overdrive allows you to adjust the tracking and acceleration, but not the acceleration curve.

Some people have reported that installing the MS intellimouse applicaiton under OSX alters the mouse behavior to feel close to windows. But i've always had a very bad experience with 3rd party mouse drivers under OSX so i've just steared clear and learned to use the default substandard mouse acceleration.