What Version itouch are we up to

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wicked1, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I think the latest is the itouch 4th Generation, but I am lost as I had a 2nd Gen, but now I have no idea.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

4th Gen is the most recent iPod Touch..I feel like you could've found this answer very quickly using google..

3. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Now that they released the 4th they are officially calling the 3rd the 3rd, before it was just a sort of improved 2nd but I guess they caved in now that is is legacy product.

4. Drucifer macrumors regular

I think the confusion is that the only 3rd Gen iPods that actually had improved hardware were the 32GB and the 64GB models. The 8GB that was released at the same time was just the exact same as the 2nd Gen model as far as I can tell.

Then when Apple released the 4th Gen they ensured that all models (8GB, 32GB, and 64GB) were all updated with the new hardware.

Therefor there was never technically a 3rd Gen 8GB iPod Touch.

5. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Exactly, they improved the hardware and thus created a 3rd but for no reason in particular, even though there were additional features I think, they just didn't acknowledge it. Was confusing when I was researching my ipod for purchase.

Now we have a neutered iphone 3gs with 8gb of memory but they are calling it a 3gs instead of an iphone 4 lite or something.

It's just a marketing fail.

6. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

There was the first.

Then the second. (Which you have)

The third. (An almost carbon copy of the 2nd)

And the fourth in all of it's wonderful glory.

------------------

Don't really see why they made a third.