What version of Fring had Skype Video chat?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FitRider42, Aug 12, 2010.

1. FitRider42 macrumors newbie

I want to get whatever version it was from Installous.

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

doesn't matter it won't work because the API's Fring used were established on skype's end, and they have been disabled (by skype). Fring didn't get rid of the feature, skype did.

what you'll get is an app that gives you the option to do something that won't work. simple as that.

and around here, installous is a dirty word. beware.

3. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Not when your talking about downloading apps that are free from the app store anyhow.

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

if you get it through the app store, you're licensed to use it. If not, it's still a form of piracy, is it not?

So yeah, even when you're talking about apps that are "free". No one here is going through the effort of installing installous solely because they want apps they can get for free anyway.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not even knocking installous, I don't care what other people do as it is not my business. I was just pointing out that asking questions about installous ruffles some people's feathers around here.

5. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

So download it from the app store first. Now your 'licensed' to use it, then turn around and download an earlier version if you like. I've downgraded app's I've paid for because of bugs in the new version. I payed for it and I'll use the one that works correctly. I will not go into again how it's taboo to talk about Install0us but for some reason mywi and the like are not.

6. FitRider42 thread starter macrumors newbie

So then theres still no way to skype video chat?

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Nope, as said, Skype cut off Fring.