Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stunter2b

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
What version of redsnow should I download so I can be ready to jail break my iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1 and where is the best place to download it iclarified?

Thanks in advance

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
What version of redsnow should I download so I can be ready to jail break my iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1 and where is the best place to download it iclarified?

Thanks in advance

It will be a complete new jailbreak tool, not redsnow.

It will be available on Evasi0n.com, as many other threads here discuss.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma

Thanks in advance

Use redsn0w or TU to save your shsh blobs. This will be used in the future if you need to rejailbreak/downgrade.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
It will be a complete new jailbreak tool, not redsnow.

It will be available on Evasi0n.com, as many other threads here discuss.

True, but redsn0w will eventually be able to jailbreak iOS 6 once musclenerd updates it.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Did you know that the new JB tool is develop by the most active developers (including redsn0w developers). :confused:

Why are you confused !

Like I've said when its released directly so it can be carried out by the redsn0w software I'll use it.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Install TinyUmbrella to get your shsh blobs now before a new version of iOS is out, so you can jailbreak once it's released this sunday. Also get the correct IPSW for your device from here http://www.redsxxxx/2013/01/download-ios-61-ipsw-firmware-for.html. Other than that, just sit tight and wait for the jailbreak to come out.

Why link to some random fake site?
RedSn0w is from the Dev Team at http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
Official ipsws and details are always at the iPhoneWiki at http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Firmware

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Why are you confused !

Like I've said when its released directly so it can be carried out by the redsn0w software I'll use it.

To each their own! You will be waiting a few more weeks at least. It's the same exploits and thus the same jail break

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
A few more weeks?

I think not.

For the 4S untethered 5.1.1 jailbreak release dates (most recent untethered jailbreak for this device):

Absinthe: May 25, 2012
Redsn0w: June 4, 2012

That's nearly two weeks, or a "few", for short ;)

Point is, don't expect redsn0w to have this functionality right after evasi0n drops.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
For the 4S untethered 5.1.1 jailbreak release dates (most recent untethered jailbreak for this device):

Absinthe: May 25, 2012
Redsn0w: June 4, 2012

That's nearly two weeks, or a "few", for short ;)

Point is, don't expect redsn0w to have this functionality right after evasi0n drops.
MN is part of the team. if RedSn0w isn't how this JB is released he will have it packaged in RS already I would imagine .

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
MN is part of the team. if RedSn0w isn't how this JB is released he will have it packaged in RS already I would imagine .

It isn't going to be released through Redsn0w.

It's going to be released through the evasi0n website, and I can 99% guarantee it will be called "the evasi0n jailbreak".

I do agree eventually it will find it's way into Redsn0w, like prior year jailbreaks, but redsn0w hasn't been the "primary" and upfront jailbreak tool since the days before greenp0ison.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
He meant a few more weeks for Redsn0w to be updated, not for the jailbreak to be released.

The jailbreak won't be using Redsn0w (Not at first) as far as i'm aware.

Exactly. I thought I made that clear, but thanks for clarifying :)

And I think you are spot on too.

HKSSS

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Why are you confused !

I am not confused. You said you will wait for redsn0w because you trust redsn0w but the new JB tool is developed by redsn0w developer. Your logic is flaw.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I am not confused. You said you will wait for redsn0w because you trust redsn0w but the new JB tool is developed by redsn0w developer. Your logic is flaw.

I like to stick to what i know and trust thats all.

Logic does not come into it my friend...... its choice ;)

However i will be watching these threads and others to read updates from the people that have decided to use this new jail-break tool, and may if all is fine change my way of thinking and use it myself.

Happy days either way.

HKSSS

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
I like to stick to what i know and trust thats all.

Logic does not come into it my friend...... its choice ;)

However i will be watching these threads and others to read updates from the people that have decided to use this new jail-break tool, and may if all is fine change my way of thinking and use it myself.

Happy days either way.

You know the new JB tool is developed by Redsn0w's developers but will wait for Redsn0w. I guess that's brand loyalty. lol

Your choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.