What version WiFi iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MrMister111, Mar 2, 2011.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Hi, my fingers waiting to press buy if the new iPad 2 comes along today (in UK).

So I've been thinking, I think I will defo get the WiFi only version, but at what size do you think? I'm hoping you will be able to do some kind of hot spotting with an iPhone, although if not, I'm not too bothered.

So should I get 16,32 or 64Gb if they still come in this flavour? I wont really be using it out and about, maybe if going on a car journey for the kids for movies. But will be mostly used at home, for browsing and magazine/book reading/apps etc.

I have a large iTunes library with lots of movies, I only have a 16Gb iPhone 4 at moment.

Just wondering from iPad 1 users, did you buy a 16Gb, and then though darn wish I pushed out to the 32 etc etc

cheers

2. iDabble macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I bought 16. Didn't put much music on it. Never regretted it. I'll be buying the lowest capacity again

3. urbanmacUser macrumors regular

urbanmacUser

You never know but 32gb could be the starting point and the 16GB dropped...but I doubt it.

I just hope we see GPS on the WiFi version.

4. THFourteen macrumors 6502

Other way round for me, i bought a 64GB wifi only version, and although its fullish, i dont really need 30gb of music on there as i have tonnes on my iphone!

i think i'll get the 32GB + 3G version this time, i regret not getting 3G, i thought i'd never take it out of the house, but i take it out almost every day now, and we have no wifi at work

5. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, I knwo the old saying of "you can never have enough..." goes.

I was thinking of maybe a 32gb, just so I can have a few movies all the time, rather than, rushing to delete stuff etc so I can squeeze them on. I dont think I'll use it much for music to be honest, as I say I have my iPhone for that.

I use my iPhone a lot at home now for browsing whilst in bed, sitting half-watching TV, reading magazines/PDFs, and to be honest my eyes are starting to hurt!

So I was thinking this will help a lot with the screen size anyway.

so a 32Gb starter, was just wondering if I should push it to a 64Gb, the wife has given the "go for launch" for my to buy one!!

I'm going to US in summer, was going to wait til then to buy one, but too long for me to wait I think ;) was thinking of buying accessories (and Apple TV 2) whilst their though, any "have to's" for the iPad?

cheers