What Very Sad News :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HeavenDivine, Jul 9, 2008.

1. HeavenDivine macrumors member

Dear Mr Houghton

Thank you for your email dated 5 July 2008 addressed to Matthew Key, which I've been asked to respond on Matthew's behalf.

Firstly, thank you for your interest in the iPhone 3G. Due to the high demand of the iPhone 3G, we felt it prudent to phase the launch to best manage stock levels. It's with regret the iPhone 3G Pay & Go will not be available on 11 July 2008, however, it will be available in time for the Christmas shopping season. Further precise details of the proposition and confirmation of the price will be released closer to the time.

Whilst I understand that you feel let down about this, I'm sure that you'll look forward to purchasing the iPhone on Pay & Go later on in the year.

I hope this has answered your questions.

Kind regards

Jonathan Moore Executive Relations Team
    t 0845 3300683

2. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

That is the most stupid/absurd response I've seen.
    Because, no...if you're looking for a pay&go plan, then around the time they're thinking about releasing it...you will already have something else. Granted you won't be tied down to a plan...but most likely there will be something bigger and better by then.

What a way to loose someone's business.

3. MojoWill macrumors 6502

release the PAYG for summer when everyone ahs already spent money on Holidays or sell it at xmas at make a massive killing? I know what i would do

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

It makes much more sense to sell the limited stock they have to people they can locked in to contracts.

5. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Right...but if they're dropping the price so drastically to make it more affordable for a larger demographic, then don't you think they would allow a pay & go as you please plan...for those that fall into that demographic, but still can't manage the slaughter month to month.

If the price drop was to make more sales...then not offering this, is contradictory.

6. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

Christmas? Christmas? are you kidding me? It would be easier to go to china, get a job in the factory where they make them, and steal one.

7. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

or buy one that is unlocked...2 weeks later.
    and use it on a pay & go plan anyway. :rolleyes: