Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

videomod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2005
Hello folks, I mod the video and movies part of a site called ringerpost.com and people can post converted videos there (usually .3gp) format that they can freely download and replay on their cellphone. A lot of people there have been asking if the videos posted there would support the new video iPod and I was thinking about getting the admin over there to add a section for iPod supported videos and movies. Does anyone know if the new video iPod supports .3gp formats or no? If not what formats does it support or is there a special type of video format that a video has to be in for the iPod to play?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
videomod said:
Hello folks, I mod the video and movies part of a site called ringerpost.com and people can post converted videos there (usually .3gp) format that they can freely download and replay on their cellphone. A lot of people there have been asking if the videos posted there would support the new video iPod and I was thinking about getting the admin over there to add a section for iPod supported videos and movies. Does anyone know if the new video iPod supports .3gp formats or no? If not what formats does it support or is there a special type of video format that a video has to be in for the iPod to play?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Well, I'll venture a guess without having a look at the Apple website just to maintain the vibe of the thread.

The iPod can play LaserDiscs, Betamax and UMD's well, it's not so good with VCD's though.

Seriously, http://www.apple.com/ipod exists for a reason, all the information is there for you to look up at your own leisure.

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
You need to have a .m4v file to play on the ipod... google for the program MovieToGo. It's great and you can open any movie file and convert to m4v, although it takes about 2 hours for 30 mins.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
you must excuse the sarcasm but i cant help but agree with the guy up top. its not really your fault but people dont seem to want to spend any time doing a little homework. if you had done the simplest of searches on this site you would have found all the information you need. just type in "ipod video format" in the search and in no time you will be an expert. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.