What video software to use?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hakr, Aug 3, 2009.

1. hakr macrumors regular

I've got a bunch of old classic movies on commercial DVDs, and each of these movies has at least one scene that is among my favorites of all time. I'd like to "extract" these scenes, save them to a spot on my hard drive, and maybe burn them to a separate DVD that would basically be "My Favorite Classic Movie Clips."

What software suites would enable me to do this...without first having to attend Rocket Scientist School?

Thanks!

:)

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

QuickTime can do it.

3. ian.maffett macrumors 6502

ian.maffett

Another option, albeit not completely straightforward, is to extract the specific chapter with your video in it with Handbrake and the use iMovie/iDVD to recompose your final project.
    It costs nothing but time.

4. dhd macrumors member

dhd

Hi,

with MPEG Streamclip you can open the dvd video stream (those video files inside the VIDEO_TS folder of your dvd's). Cut and save the portions you want, check the help guide, is very easy.
    Then batch convert those clips to DV format, edit on IMovie, send to IDVD, burn and enjoy your dvd.