What Was Better? 1.0 Firmware or 2.0 Firmware

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickspohn, Aug 2, 2008.

?

Which firmware was better?

1. 1.0

23.0%
  2. 2.0

42.6%
  3. They both suck.

13.1%
  4. I can't remember.

3.3%
  5. I didn't have the first iPhone.

18.0%
  1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

(BUGS ONLY / NOT FEATURES)

The iPhone has come a long way. Just a year ago, Safari and Maps would crash constantly. Remember when we would just been listening to music and go on Safari, and the phone would go back to the home screen? Now, with 2.0, we of course have the lag when typing and extremely long sync time. I'm sure there are more, as there probably was for 1.0

If you had the first iPhone and would recall back, which firmware was better? We have to take in account that 2.0 does many more things than 1.0 did, thus prone to more bugs at first.

Without 3G, GPS, the App store, but the same functions the first iPhone had, which Firmware was better? 1.0? 2.0?

2. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Tough call. It's hard to keep the features aspect out of it, but I still vote 2.0.

Actually, I meant to vote for 2.0 but I missed the radio button and said they both suck. :rolleyes:

3. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

Like you said, 2.0 has way more features so in that category it wins hands down. However, if you ask which firmware is/was buggier 2.0 takes the whole hog. 2.0 is the biggest piece of garbage Apple has ever released for the iphone in terms of bugs, slowness, crashing, sink times etc, etc, etc.

4. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

2.0. In fact i've had to downgrade back to 1.1.4 just so i don't rip my hair out.

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I would say 2.0 is the best by far. I have two iPhones, the 3G and the 1st generation. The 1st generation was upgraded to 2.0 when the firmware was leaked.

Both phones have been working flawlessly since day one. Bought the 3G on July 11. No lockups, no freezes, nothing! Apps work perfectly and battery life is amazing. :)

6. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

The iPhone itself has come a long way in the first year of it's life. But both the 1.0 and 2.0 firmware are/were buggier than a cheap motel room. :)

BTW anyone remember the first Blackberry's? Those really sucked, look at them now. Give Apple time it'll all be good in the end. And at least we're not running Windows Mobile. :)

7. reddevil865 macrumors newbie

i didnt have 1.0 but nothing could be worse than 2.0

8. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

2.0 does have a few issues. Nothing to bad, but it is still annoying.

9. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

2.0 and it isn't even close

Sure, 2.0 has severe lag problems and some other problems but Safari is much more stable than in the past, iPod works fine, and mail is good enough

1.0 gave me iPod troubles, mail errors, and Safari crashes often