What was Steve thinking????????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WindowsTraitor, Jul 1, 2010.

1. WindowsTraitor macrumors regular

What was Steve thinking when they decided to pair up with those clowns at Att????????

I am going through my 3rd order and I still do not have a confirmation of when the phone will be shipped...........

Why the hell they have a customer service and a sales department an nobody knows ****. They could not distinguish their arses from their faces.

Why do they advertise a phone, and they do not make sure that they have enough stock?????????? (and this is for apple)

The worst part is that those idiots at verizon/htc are even worst than apple/att. Instead of building up stock forecasting the problems with Att, they are out of stock of the incredible.

Customer service has become lying service. Sales has become data entry, and some secretarial jobs have become analysts. But in the end nobody knows ****.

2. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

You catch on fast.

3. carrotcloud macrumors member

it's always been like that.. they don't care we are just numbers to them.

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Welcome to the world of cellular carriers 2010.

I've used both AT&T and Verizon for the last several years. They have what we want and they know it... Just like Apple... :)

5. Steve Ballmer macrumors 6502

Steve Ballmer

And people actually think these corporations care about their customers.

6. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

10x the amount of sales than last year mean anything to you? i think your just a complainer

7. timerollson macrumors 65816

I would think a company like Apple forecasts to anticipate demand.... Guess they grossly underestimated. I think it'll be about a month before they're regularly stocked in stores.

And I can't believe the Incredible is still sold out. What's going to happen when the Droid X goes on sale????

8. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

I want to know when mine's going to be shipped too, but when there's this much demand, and some unpredictability in the supply chain, how could and why would they commit to a ship date? Foxconn (or whoever) is probably churning the things out as fast as they can, but AT&T and Apple probably don't how many they're going to get or when. Without that, how can they know specifically when they're going to be able to ship your particular phone? If they give you a date all that'll do is give you a reason to be upset if they can't make the date. They told me "probably in 7-10 days", and I don't expect them to be any more specific than that, at this point.

Sometimes you just have to get in line and you get to the front when you get there. The sooner you get in, the sooner you'll get there, but that's the only thing you can count on. Sometimes there are too many variables for anyone to reasonably know how long you'll have to spend in the line.

9. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

The problem is that over the phone they were quoting 2-3 days. While at the ATT store they give you the 7-10 days. I have worked in supply chain and I know what a shortage is and I can imagine what they are going thorough especially if there is a specific component shortage (memory, screen, connector etc).

They issue is that you can not get a straight answer from customer service. They should just say:" We apologize for the long wait, but due to the high demand we are only able to ship orders in 2-3 weeks." end of the story.

This is the 4th Iphone launch. They should have known better by now.

I have had a great experience with the apple customer service which will keep me a loyal customer for years to come. Att ... different story.

10. spades1412 macrumors 6502

True story!!!

11. Makaveliarts macrumors 6502

I agree. Not enough supply pisses me off.

They know how much demand there is. Apple should have made more than were ordered. They better ship my iPhone within a week rather than 3 weeks, or I may have to cancel it and switch Carriers. W/ out the iPhone there is no point to be on AT&T for me. They need to change the way to do things because there should be no shortages, and rushed products that undermine quality.

12. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

That sounded like the oracle talking to neo.

Nice words.

13. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

The rest of the world uses GSM.

At&t uses GSM.

No mystery, only that Apple will never say it like that, as it would imply that they're kinda stuck with very limited options. Which they are, unless they want to produce a CDMA specific phone just for the U.S., which they dont.

Classic catch-22.

Maybe when LTE gets here.....

14. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Steve had no choice but to go with AT&T. They were the only ones who would give into his demands. He wanted full Internet, no carrier logo, no carrier involvement in the operating system, and he wanted a portion of each month's iPhone customer's bill to be paid to Apple, and don't forget about visual voicemail.

15. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

since the oracle always talks in weird ways I decided to think that I was Neo. I took the blue pill and I said Phunk the Matrix. ( att apple store etc.) The prophecy said I would have an iphone by today.

I have an iphone now. No lines no waiting time nothing........ I just walked into the store( Radio...). Veni Vedi Vicit....

The only problem now is that it is so cool that I always have it on my hand. It feels almost like the first time I ..... ahhahahaha sorry for the analogy.

I still have to deal with Att because of the line. I have almost no bars inside the house but who cares. Less minutes to be wasted from the plan ahhahahhah

I hope I will not have any issues with the phone. I got apple care just in case

I have some questions about how to use it but I will create another post.

16. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

hmmm..... thats wierd, i don't see the pink shade anywhere.......

17. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Just be glad you're not in Canada. Believe me, I'd gladly take AT&T over any of our carriers.

18. YErakat macrumors member

Man they did me SO DIRTY. Here's my story. I've been on the list for an Iphone 4 for months now with a Parrot ATT store. On the 24th they did not have enough phones for me. I was #6 on the waiting list. On the 29th, I went in and they did not have my phone, I was #2 in line. They said they were waiting on a FedEx and only 1 phone that day. It coulda been a 32 or 16 gig, they were not sure. They said it could be days, weeks before I got my phone. I finally got fed up and called ATT to place my order. Tuesday.
    What sold me was the fact that the representitive PROMISED me my phone by this Saturday (tomorrow) gave me free priority shipping and waived my activation. But he absolutely, PROOOOOMISED me my phone by this week. I cancelled out of TMobile and sold my G1. I was waiting for my Terms and Agreement email. Thursday morning comes and I finally approve and reply.

I go on to check my order status today to see SHIPPED like they promised only to see....... BACKORDERED!!!!! :mad:

I called MULTIPLE times talking to every representitive they had only to hear that they were sorry, nothing they could do about it, no idea when I would get it, could be 7-14 days.............
    :mad::mad::mad:

**** ATT.

19. advan031 macrumors 6502

Fortunately the exclusivity to ATT ends this year so I'm sure we'll see it on Verizon or another network next year.

20. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

It's called sarcasm. My problem is that I cannot read the text on the blue slice.

21. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

sarcasm again. I think. :p

22. mrcadman macrumors newbie

They're just prepping you for when you actually DO get the phone. It'll fit easier, case or not.

23. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Exactly.

24. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

He was thinking that if he went with Verizon...

The iPhone wouldn't have the iOS in it's current form.

The iPhone wouldn't have a full internet safari browser in it's current form.

The iPhone wouldn't have an appstore or an itunes or ibooks store in its current form (Verizon insisted that all purchases on the phone must be made thru a verizon online store front)

The iPhone would have a big ugly verizon logo on it (AT&T unlike verizon offered to let apple release their phone without any AT&T branding on it)

You would have to go to the verizon stores and call verizon to buy an iPhone or to get any customer service or bug fixes/replacements for the iPhone (verzion refused to let apple take over the customer service aspects of their device)