What was the best case for the iphone 3G/3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jrcsh6, Jun 26, 2010.

1. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

One would think the best for the previous phone will be the best for the new one. Right now most of them are half baked with flash issues and/or just not available. So which were the best cases on the previous iPhones?

I liked the Agent 18 a lot and also like how the Incase Slider looks..I'm holding out for those I think as after checking 5 stores today I have little hope at a selection to choose from anytime soon...

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I actually liked the Agent 18 case. I'm hoping they make something similar.

3. SiftWinnow macrumors member

I think the InCase Slider I had was just about the best case going for the 3GS. Not sure how a case could be much better.

I am going with the PowerSupport screens front and back with an Apple Bumper for my iPhone 4, but if that doesn't work, I am going back to the Slider with the PowerSupport on the front.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I think you are correct -- there are NO decent cases out right now. I've seen lots that are "coming soon," but none out. I've been all over Apple, ATT, Radio Shack. Every case I see has something major I don't like about it. Personally I find spending 10% of a devices cost on a case a big purchase, so I'm really picking about finding the one case I'll be happy w/ for the two years I'll own it. (Well turned out to be one w/ the GS but I don't think ATT is going to be so generous next year).

5. mgk65 macrumors newbie

I bought one of the Switcheasy CapsuleRebel cases for my 3G and was happy enough with it that I bought another CapsuleRebel Serpent when the first one started looking ragged.

6. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

For me, the best case was film protection. I could go naked with my 3G, it never broke with film on. Ever.

7. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

I was also very happy with the SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel. I just have an iFrogz on my i4 right now, but I'll be buying another Capsule Rebel when they're available!

8. glen e macrumors 68030

contourdesign.com - "Flick" model - complete back coverage and a hinged lower quarter that would flip back so it could be charged in a dock.

Power support non glare for the film.

9. drknowusa macrumors regular

I really liked the Vaja ivlution. The one for iPhone4 isn't out yet.

10. ColReb22 macrumors member

I have an OtterBox Commuter and a Defender Series case for my old 3G and really liked them. I used the Commuter for every day use and put the Defender on when I'd go to the pool or running, ect.

11. coneman5259 macrumors member

coneman5259

the very best case that is not bulky but provides the most drop protection is the Incipio Silicrylic. I have had it since I bought my 3G two years ago. Since then I have dropped it at least three times a week and thats at work where the floors are concrete and not a scratch (I try to do "sweet moves" when playing with my phone, ie: throwing it under my legs and catching it with a hand behind my back).

My girlfriend has one on her iphone and our son threw her phone in front of us as we were going down the street and we ran it over with the stroller with both the front and back wheels. It was face down on a gravel and salt covered side walk (was in winter) and was perfectly fine.

12. Westyfield2 macrumors 6502a