What was the point in getting in an early Watch order?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jashotchef1967, Apr 24, 2015.

1. jashotchef1967 macrumors newbie

My apple watch order time stamped 08:16 on date of pre-order release.
    Est delivery 4-6 weeks - Ok with that.

My wife's sport watch ordered via in store on line 18:00 the day after
    Est delivery date June - Ok with that too.

My wife's watch arrives 24th April - Not Ok with that!

People buying and using watches on 24th from non-Apple outlets - Definitely not Ok with that!

:mad:

2. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Yes in a way I agree.

Obviously size, SS vs Sport & band all make a difference as to when you will be getting your watch. I can understand that, but they did not convey that message well at all.

And as for stock in stores other than Apple, NOT COOL at all! Especially anything other than the "Edition" version. All other stock should have gone to those that ordered.

And for the record my 2 are on truck for delivery today so I have no axe to grind with Apple. Still POOR, POOR, POOR launch.

3. whatos macrumors 6502a

Apple has created an incredibly advantageous position for themselves and they're flaunting it right in our faces.

Knowing they now have a very strong following, populated by compliant non confrontational customers, they're pushing the limits with this launch. All in an effort to see just how much they can get away with while retaining the Apple Faithful customers that always make excuses to remove any responsibility from Apple.

They're reshaping their approach to launches to give them carte blanche in future launches. A brilliant move that demonstrates that Apple does as Apple wants all without consequence. An amazing accomplishment.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

So you'd prefer that your wife's watch sit in a warehouse somewhere in Kentucky until your watch is available?

5. jashotchef1967 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi KPOM -

Absolutely!

But I am a grumpy bugger!