What was your best Christmas ever?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eric55lv, Nov 13, 2007.

1. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

Mine was when i got my first mac a Griphite 1999 iMac g3 it was cool:cool:

2. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

My family and I went on holiday to the sea, the holiday was really nice and all and there was sea and sun and ocean. I was loving it all and couldn't wait for christmas which was approaching (we would be spending christmas there). Christmas eve came and the highlight of my christmas presents was a new school bag:( until...

my mom conjures up these envelopes for my brother and I to read, assuming it was my christmas card I slowly started to open it. To my suspense it was a printed sheet titled itinerary. Upon reading this I hastily consumed the rest of the text and figured out we were on our way to new york and florida in a week. I was jumping up and down really happy and all I look at my brother. His exact words were, "What's an itinerary?"

So we went from South Africa to New York and Florida and it was my best 2 holidays of life. The amazing thing is that my mom was able to even conceal the fact that we were traveling while we were at the embassy getting visas:eek:

3. Xanis macrumors member

Every Christmas that I can remember has been great. This Christmas should be good as well, especially since I have a Nikon D40 on the way. :)

4. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

To me every year is better than the last. I know that sound lame, but I love Christmas.

But my ultimate Christmas would be to have a group of friends around and me cooking dinner for all of them, and just spend the whole time (Christmas eve, Christmas day and Boxing day) eating, drinking and enjoying the company of good friends.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Hard to say! The most memorable one was when I got my Gameboy with Donkey Kong Land. I just remember lying down on the sofa trying to get past level 2. Was also the year my uncle who we don't see much came to dinner and we had a proper tree so pine needles were all over the floor.

I'll be 2 weeks off my 22nd birthday on Xmas day. But I still love it. the TV, the family, it's not much about the gifts any more (another sign I'm getting older :p ).

6. Xanis macrumors member

I wholeheartedly agree. When I was younger Christmas was all about the presents and waking up early to get them. Now that I'm getting older, I find that I enjoy the company of family and friends, the great home-cooked food, the warm fires, and just the overall cozy and friendly atmosphere of the holiday more than the presents. I guess I started to value time with people I don't see often once I got to college.