Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macswitcha2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Mines was Snow Leopard. I do admit that recent MacOS's are exciting with all their bells and whistles. But there was something I liked about Leopard's simplicity and then Snow Leopard making everything run faster. What was your favorite and what features did you enjoy the most?

James3000

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2015
My first version was Yosemite and that’s my favourite for two reasons.

First - it was absolutely groundbreaking for me to use that OS after years of windows. It really was just the simple things it done better.

Second - I feel like I had no bugs or issues with that version but since then I’ve seen issues start to creep in more often. Perhaps a little unfair and I hate to give such a negative answer because I love MacOS overall.

Reactions: macswitcha2

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
OS X Mountain Lion (smooth and a major refinement over Lion), OS X Yosemite (nice UI, greatly improved performance gains over horrid Mavericks), macOS Mojave (very sturdy and stable), and so far, Big Sur is definitely not bad.

Reactions: loby

mdgm

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2010
Snow Leopard had a nice Welcome.

High Sierra is the last Mac OS for a number of my Macs and the NVMe support is a nice feature.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Oh god. Who can remember all of them. They just kind of run together in my mind. I guess I'd have to say 10.2 Jaguar simply because it was my first Mac OS. I hated Windows and someone recommended trying Macs. I hated how getting anything to work in Windows was such a headache. Then I switched majors to pursue a career in publishing and felt it would be a good idea to shift to the dominant OS in that field. OS X was beautiful, and it just worked, and I loved it. Never looked back.

Reactions: andrewsyd

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I am completely fine with Big Sur, I enjoy the additions.
At work I have 3 that don't go higher than High Sierra but that is partly necessity and preference for that specific case.
At home and other work, just give whatever the newest thing is and keep moving on.
I embrace change just fine as long as it does not effect work or other people using it, when it is just my machine, full steam ahead.

I can say Lion was the one I disliked the most, but there isn't a version for personal use I would go back to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.