What watch does Steve Jobs wear?

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2005
UK
Ok, so we know what Woz wears, but how about our beloved guru Steve Jobs?

I know it's a random question, but when choosing a new watch for myself, I asked myself, what would Steve Jobs buy? I'm sure it's expensive and nice, or perhaps it isn't, perhaps it's affordable and utilitarian, but whatever he chose, I'm sure it's a great watch.

So does anyone know what watch Steve Jobs wears? Or if not, what watch do you imagine he wears? :D

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
A basic digital casio watch. Hell look at his clothes. Kirkland trainers and jeans with a black polo neck.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Ok, so we know what Woz wears, but how about our beloved guru Steve Jobs?

I know it's a random question, but when choosing a new watch for myself, I asked myself, what would Steve Jobs buy? I'm sure it's expensive and nice, or perhaps it isn't, perhaps it's affordable and utilitarian, but whatever he chose, I'm sure it's a great watch.

So does anyone know what watch Steve Jobs wears? Or if not, what watch do you imagine he wears? :D
Creepy

Woof, Woof - Dawg

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
I recently read an article about Jobs. Apparently, Jobs liked a particular brand of those turtlenecks, but they were discontinued. The company was some high-street designer brand, not one of the most expensive ones, but pretty high on the ladder (and I can imagine that one of the most expensive ones in the US). Anyway, as the story goes, Jobs called them and asked, how many would he have to order at least, so the company sold him some. It was a fairly large volume, but if we can believe the story, Jobs ordered a whole bunch of those turtlenecks, money was not an issue.

Personally, I have several jeans, T-shirts, shirts, pullovers, rugby shirts and even coats that I own more than one or two of. If I see a basic clothing item in Zara or Gap, I always get at least two. I'm in the age when I will not change much and these chains replace their stocks so quickly.

Even in school, I used to have multiple items of the same clothes and shoes. Are others like the same? Discuss! :eek:

About the watch... I don't think that he wears a simple watch. It would be so embarrassing. Nobody expects Jobs to dress down to the level of a McDonalds employee. I would be disappointed if he wouldn't at least have one premium Swiss watch. And I'm not talking about Invicta here.

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2005
UK
Hah, you guys are funny!

You can stop your bickering, I already got a very nice Saiko watch, I was just pondering Jobs' choice. Who doesn't ponder, "what would jobs do"!

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
Those IT guys in China are crazy!

Hah, you guys are funny!

You can stop your bickering, I already got a very nice Saiko watch, I was just pondering Jobs' choice. Who doesn't ponder, "what would jobs do"!
Saiko... that's nice. But it's not as good as my Appel computer. It's called MockBook.