What we have wanted!! Apple no longer requires Siri Remote support

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by 2010mini, Jun 13, 2016.

1. 2010mini macrumors 68040

2. LiveM, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016

LiveM macrumors 6502a

LiveM

Had to happen. Stupid Apple - what were they thinking last year? In my mind, anything inevitably futile should never be embarked upon.

3. patohi macrumors regular

Hopefully we will see more games! Now that developers don't have to waste time coming up with some horrible way of getting their game to work with the Siri remote!

4. 2010mini thread starter macrumors 68040

Well I could see Apple thinking there is nothing more annoying for casual game customers than to find out they need another piece of equipment after spending $140

What I feel the solution is. Is for them to have a specific section of the tvOS AppStore for mifi controller only games.

5. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

I think any casual gamer who tries to use a Siri remote to play games would become easily convinced to pick up a dedicated controller...

6. LiveM macrumors 6502a

LiveM

I know something more annoying: finding out you will have to use this stupid Siri remote, and therefore you have to wait until this is changed in order to play certain games. Or finding out your existing controllers don't work.

7. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

I just decided not to buy any more games! I have a PS4 for gaming, the ATV is never going to replace that so I can't imagine ever buying a controller for it.

8. Basic75 macrumors regular

Apple often starts things very restricted and then relaxes the restrictions over time, so this is very welcome but not entirely unexpected. It also forced developers to get to know the Siri remote, which is fine for some games.