What were/are the iPhone 2G plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacGeek7, Jul 7, 2008.

1. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

So I might be getting an iPhone 2G from a friend but I'm having trouble remembering what the rates/plans were for the 2G iPhone.
    Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It doesn't matter. You have to get the new plans now.

3. MacGeek7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

I don't think that's the case because the rise in price was the cost of the iPhone going 3G. People with 2G iPhones aren't paying that much for their contract.

4. D3lta macrumors 6502a

No he doesn't.

AT&T has said that people who get hand-me-down 2G iPhones can use the old plans.

5. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

I only remember the price for the plan I have now...and it's 59.99 = 450 rollover mins ,200 text, and unlimited data. and the newer price only pertains to the 3g iphone, if your buying a old one the old plans still apply:D

6. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Actually, the original iphone plans still work for the old iphone. essentially the data plan add on is 20$ for the old iphone, as opposed to 30$ for the 3g iphone. The 20$ add on plan still works for the original iphone and it can be attached to a plan of your choice. Unlike the 3g's plan the original iphone's plan includes 200 complimentary text messages.

For the record, you have every right to post whatever you like on these forums, but in instances where you are answering someone's important questions, at least do a little bit of research first, so your answer can be considered somewhat valid.

7. MacGeek7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

do you have the cheapest plan then?

8. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

YES I DO, I really don't need anymore than the min since I also I have a sidekick with tmobile.

9. dave006 Contributor

dave006

You can choose any vaild voice plan, 39.99 or higher. There are 3 data plans for the current iPhone that will continue to be offered. Please note that there are some rate plans that are only available in certain markets. You can search using your zipcode or ask about all valid rate plans for your zipcode.

Data Plans - NOT FOR iPhone 3G
    $20 - unlimited data + 200 TXT Msg.
    $30 - unlimited data + 1500 TXT Msg
    $40 - unlimited data + unlimited TXT Msg.