What Were The First Five Jailbreak Apps That You Downloaded?

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Curious to know and why?...

SO far I have

Intelliscreenx
bitesms
sb settings
iblacklist
iprotect
my3g
mywi
winterboard

Simm0nS777

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Northeast Ohio
SBSettings
BiteSMS
FakeCarrier
MyWi
infinidock

I received one of the MyWi notifications from ATT about 6 months ago (I was an extremely light MyWi user and was really surprised to get one when people using 5 gigs got nothing) and havent used it since. Has anyone been in my situation and started back up again? What happened to you?

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
- Springtomize 2 : $2.99
(the ultimate customization app)

- SMS GV Extension : $2.99
(Send/receive gv texts right from the stock message app)

- Safari Full Screen : $2.19
(Full screen view and gesture control for Safari)

- Adblocker : $1.99
(Adblocker for Safari)

- SBSettings : Free
(Settings toggles)

These are worth EVERY penny :D

azm

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2011
sbsettings! (been using iconproject app as a replacement)
bitesms
mywi
zephyr
springtomization

i tried out gv extension but i don't want to use gvoice to text every contact. i use it for some only. anyone know a more flexible application that would allow me to have specific settings for contacts?

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
MyWi
OpenSSH
MobileTerminal

All that I was planning on grabbing, though I'm thinking about IntelliscreenX, and am debating between My3G or 3GUnrestrictor.

I haven't received any email from ATT or otherwise about MyWi or being throttled, but I only use MyWi once per month, and it's for less than an hour (VPN connection to my job's network to release compiled code).

Looking at my bill for the past month, I've used a total of 284MB (Family plan); which some of it is MyWi; the rest may is browsing or streaming a LiveATC.net feed (no more than 15K). I haven't been dinged yet, and I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan.

BL.

cwwilson

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
IntelliscreenX is amazing. It is like having Android widgets again. Mail, Twitter, Facebook and my favorite news feeds on the fly, just swipe through the screens at your leisure to get the information you want. I like how the clock and and date are put in the top left corner and then the weather underneath. And when you pull up you get the sbssettings-like quick toggles for all the radios and stuff. Incredible.

That aside, it didn't take me long to get BiteSMS (love it!), Call bar has its uses as well, Camera locker, and Infinifolders would be my first five.

Whenever I get around to theming my phone, I'll get Winterboard and iFile as well.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
sbsettings
Winterboard (nospot, clear lockscreen, lockscreen clockhide)
FolderEnhancer
Switchermod
Bigify

whiskeyvol

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
IntelliscreenX is amazing.
I guess it's all in what you need & war you like. I gave isx a test run, but like lockinfo 10x better. personally, I go for simple looks.

plus, isx seemed to use quite a bit of battery due to the amount of info it had to retrieve (I'm guessing)

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
I've always used it to download long songs/videos/apps using 3G that were over the AT&T limit.

I'm now with Verizon and I have no idea what their limit is.
Pretty sure that works well, and I probably should have worded my question better. :)

I guess I'm looking for a 2012 rehash of the 3GUnrestrictor vs. My3G debate. Is one better than the other? how do they compare? I did somewhat of a search here, and the last major thread was from 2010.

BL.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Pretty sure that works well, and I probably should have worded my question better. :)

I guess I'm looking for a 2012 rehash of the 3GUnrestrictor vs. My3G debate. Is one better than the other? how do they compare? I did somewhat of a search here, and the last major thread was from 2010.

BL.
I've tried both and always came back to 3G Unrestrictor though it's been a year or two since I've tried My3G. I didn't want to pay for another app when the one I already bought worked perfectly for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.