Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
It just gets rid of the Spotlight search feature.
I never use that thing and it just pisses me off every time I swipe or hit the home by accident:)

Oh ok. I thought there was another reason you wanted to get rid of spotlight. I think I've used it maybe a handful of times in the past 3 years.

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
I have found trying the package every five or so mins productive. It is BigBoss that is partially down. Every once in awhile I get through and other times it throws errors. I resorted to getting the .deb off of the website on my computer, shh them to the iPad and install with ifile. The only thing I cant get are my paid tweaks, Activator, and Winterboard.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I have found trying the package every five or so mins productive. It is BigBoss that is partially down. Every once in awhile I get through and other times it throws errors. I resorted to getting the .deb off of the website on my computer, shh them to the iPad and install with ifile. The only thing I cant get are my paid tweaks, Activator, and Winterboard.

I was thinking about doing that but I really like how Cydia will keep packages up to date as soon as developers push them out. Might be a good temporary solution, unless you wanna manually manage your .deb files going forward.

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
I was thinking about doing that but I really like how Cydia will keep packages up to date as soon as developers push them out. Might be a good temporary solution, unless you wanna manually manage your .deb files going forward.

They show up in Cydia which I presume means that they will be updated. I hit reinstall on a couple to get the packages they require.

Ent

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
I bought it a long time ago.

Just managed to get FolderEnhancer and Zephyr and ProTube is currently downloading ^__^ I am one happy camper.

how did you get zephyr..? it wont let me even download it

justinwebb

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009
I was smart and created my own repo before everything was released and uploaded all the .deb's to it :) got mostly everything I need

stevelam

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2010
ncsettings. zephyr. bitesms. shrink. browser changer. swipe selection. pretty much most of what i needed!

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
ncsettings. zephyr. bitesms. shrink. browser changer. swipe selection. pretty much most of what i needed!

Browser Changer seems to crash whenever I try the swipe to the left to search web. (would love for this feature to go straight to Chrome instead of Safari, but it just crashes)

jjusmo

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2013
Finally got NCSettings, now waiting to get a working Springtomize 2 and few other tweaks..

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
Installing apps one by one seems to do the trick, at least for me. No failures so far :)

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Funny, all this rush to JB and then nothing. Most of the time I'm lucky to even get Cydia to refresh completely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.