What will 3G do for phone coverage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBallz, Jul 1, 2008.

1. iBallz macrumors 6502

iBallz

Out here in the red rocks of Southern Utah, At&t must have the least towers, and I have no ability to even turn on ROAMing, so everybody around me can make calls but not us with the iPhone?:mad:

Guy at AT&T store says 3G will pick up from other towers and get better service further from town?:confused:

2. iBallz thread starter macrumors 6502

iBallz

I'm serious here!

Thinking the old two-way radios would be a better option than Att's useless coverage

3. solidgoldmini macrumors regular

I'm wondering the same thing. While not as bad as your situation, coverage is spotty at our office. And the local Apple Store manager told us that even in the store they only get 1 bar, so Apple/AT&T is apparently putting a tower on the building.

It would be nice if 3G allowed for greater coverage, maybe indoors.

4. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

5. iBallz thread starter macrumors 6502

iBallz

I checked that out and it shows basicly the same spotty coverage. Why can't I fning roam like every other phone service???

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Roaming is invisible today. ATT makes agreements with carriers and they just show up as ATT on the phone. Other cell carriers probably have more/different agreements and thus better coverage.

In Utah, only Salt Lake City and nearby has 3G coverage so unless you are near there you are SOL.

7. iBallz thread starter macrumors 6502

iBallz

Funny... my phone worked good in Nicaragua and many parts of Costa Rica, but I go 6 miles out of our town and nothing!:mad: