What will Apple do with those new 13" LED screens?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jameskohn, Dec 17, 2007.

1. jameskohn macrumors 6502

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Since they already make a 13" laptop - wouldn't it make sense just to replace the curent screens with LED screens? Isn't that their ultimate goal, to have all screens LED?

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Its for the Spring 2008 Macbooks most likely.

4. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

probably new macbooks but possibly in the 13" mbp. I don't imagine they'd make a smaller mbp or subnotebook without LED screens.

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I'd reckon a 13" mbp is a good possibility, but a May revision of the macbooks just as easily could make use of them.

At this point, I've given up all speculation and have decided to just wait it out.

6. jameskohn thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, you really think they'd buy 100,000 screens now for springtime production? So much for on demand delivery.

Can I just pretend they're for a 13" MBP, at least until January 15th?

7. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Please. Given we got SR MacBooks six weeks ago, they are not about to update MacBooks AGAIN.

It's the 13" MBP!

8. jameskohn thread starter macrumors 6502

I so hope you are right.

Funny thing though: I'm looking to replace my 12" PowerBook with a similar form factor. I was thinking that if they don't produce a 13" MBP that I might just buy a 13" MB and max it out with 4gb ram. Then I compared the form factor between a 13" MB and a 15" MBP. They are so close that it's not worth giving up the power and screen real estate for the difference. Within an inch in any dimension, and only .4 lbs. I would not have expected that!

9. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Indeed. I made that "mistake". The MacBook is fine for most things, but a few weeks ago I checked out the MacBook in an Apple Store, and lay it lid closed on top of the 15" MBP next to it. The footprint on the 15 incher was not much bigger at all.

For a 13" machine the MacBook is pretty clunky, and the MBP offers so much more in a similarly-sized enclosure in hindsight I'd have gone straight for it. If they can bring out a 13" MBP, that'd be just my thing.

10. jameskohn thread starter macrumors 6502

13" Mbp

Well it looks like we're in agreement then: a 13" MBP with real "PRO" features. Hear that Cupertino??

11. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

Only a few more weeks to wait. now if it actually doe show up I hope the price is actually reasonable. LED screens just another reason to add $$ to the cost. Also would help differentiate the product lines.

12. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Yeah, all these people thinking because it's half the weight it'll be half the price make me laugh :D