What will apple replace on my MBP next?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AppleFreak89, May 31, 2010.

1. AppleFreak89 macrumors regular

My macbook pro has already had the hard drive and the motherboard replaced, yet im still having the same issues.. my screen goes black for no reason for a few seconds, I get the stupid beach ball all the time, things just freeze up ALL the time, and I just don't know what the problem is anymore. do any of you have any idea what apple will replace next?

I have the 13" 2009 2.26 and 4gb ram

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

How are we meant to know what needs to be replaced?:confused:

This may not what you want hear but keep trying with Apple. Eventually they will fix the problem, or concede defeat and give a new machine.

3. AppleFreak89 thread starter macrumors regular

I just kinda wanted an idea from people who know, because I thought replacing the motherboard would fix my problems :s It doesn't make sense that these things are still going on...

4. Ampidire macrumors 6502

Ampidire

Well since the logic board is basically the whole machine... sounds like there's nothing left, sounds like either corrupted software on your end, something not playing nice, or faulty hardware. Although it does sound like RAM might be the issue, have you run a memory test independently like MemTest86? Have you mentioned that maybe being the issue to Apple support?

The HD was not a 'major' repair in their logs, but the logic board was, if you call up with the same issues, and they say they'll replace the logic board again, ask why the previous one didn't fix it and they might just move forward and replace your machine, best of luck.

Side note: when I mailed my MBP in, they replaced the left speaker, random I know, but I guess it wasn't meeting spec or the guy broke mine or something repairing it haha, so yeah, but when it returned I had a new problem with the headphone jack not holding headphones to save it's own life. So they moved forward with a replacement machine when I called back after they attempted to repair the headphone jack with a logic board replacement to no avail (I suspect poor QC on the repair logic boards as they are possibly refurbs).

5. HBOC macrumors 68020

They will replace anything they feel will fix it, as long as there is no user induced damage, such as from abuse, negligence, water spills, etc.

They have replaced my keyboard and logicboard thus far.