Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
I honestly can't think of anything.

Ipod
Iphone
Ipad

The iphone not so much now, I think Android has a slighty bigger market, but Ipod and Ipad absolutly crush the competition, I mean its not even somewhat close. Ipad has a 66.8% market share, with android coming in 2nd at 28.2%

TV rumors have been floating around a while, but I can't see people rushing out to buy new TVS....

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Well the next plausible thing people seem to think is Television, personally I can't see that happening.

Antares

macrumors 68000
After televisions, the next logical move would be appliances (Refridgerators, ovens, robotic vaccums/cleaning devices). After that, I would say vehicles (cars, planes, spaceships). Even further after that, I could see cybernetic implants/limbs.

In the distant future, I can easily imagine Apple Androids walking around and interacting/serving us.

There are countless areas for Apple to revolutionize. Many that we can't even imagine right now.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
After televisions, the next logical move would be appliances (Refridgerators, ovens, robotic vaccums/cleaning devices). After that, I would say vehicles (cars, planes, spaceships). Even further after that, I could see cybernetic implants/limbs.

In the distant future, I can easily imagine Apple Androids walking around and interacting/serving us.

There are countless areas for Apple to revolutionize. Many that we can't even imagine right now.

Sarcasam right?

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
I dream about the build up of a truly global network; get rid of AT&T, Verizon, Telekom, SoftBank etc.

A consistent business model where ever you are. And where they can't build themselves at least ensure the same experience with locals.

No discussion around Cellular FaceTime, Teathering for all, ...

Ah, and cleanup the mess with our music and film industry. I want too see any content everywhere on this little planet; can't be soo difficult.

Both would be real revolutions shaking up existing structures.

iCar ? Don't think so.

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
The living room. I can definitely see them going all out in the TV and even Gaming Console business. Wether it will be by means of Apple making an actual TV or powering up the AppleTV, that remains to be seen.

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
i think the TV is next. i think we might also see a high end camera. Steve did say he wanted to revolutionize photography. im sure there are mockups of an iOS powered DSLR floating around Apple HQ. i would be interested to see an Apple network to power the iPhone. it would cost a ton to maintain but i would like to see what they would do.

DingleButt

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2011
I would love to see a good camera with a built in wireless contract that will sync you photos to 'the cloud' (preferably Skydrive for me though since I dont use iCloud).

Problem is that they consider the iPhone to be that tool I think so it's unlikely.

We know they want the television market though

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Steve did say he wanted to revolutionize photography. im sure there are mockups of an iOS powered DSLR floating around Apple HQ...

That's possible, specially considering that Nikon is making a new Coolpix camera powered by Android. Maybe Apple will end up doing something like that by building their own camera. Don't see this a as a priority for Apple right now tho.

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
That's possible, specially considering that Nikon is making a new Coolpix camera powered by Android. Maybe Apple will end up doing something like that by building their own camera. Don't see this a as a priority for Apple right now tho.

i think your right...definitely not a priority. its probably not a huge market like the iphone but everyone knows the 4S takes great photos and i think if they can make a iOS DSLR camera for between $500-$1000 they will have quite a few customers. i think it can integrate nicely with their current products

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
i think your right...definitely not a priority. its probably not a huge market like the iphone but everyone knows the 4S takes great photos and i think if they can make a iOS DSLR camera for between $500-$1000 they will have quite a few customers. i think it can integrate nicely with their current products

The biggest question, is Apple capable of making a camera as good as Nikon and Canon? These companies have been at it for decades, And, Apple likes to make massive profit margins, so the quality of the camera itself would most likely be something like a high end point and shoot.

I hope it never happens, because then there would be even more retards on Instagram who use a couple of affects buttons and then say they're professional photographers.

If Apple did make a camera, I could see some people buy it. But a professional photographer most likely wouldn't touch it ( My Current GF is a professional photographer, some of her Nikons are wroth 5 grand +, the pictures they take are ****ing incredible )

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
Appliances.... With Siri support.

"Microwave, please warm this half chicken all the way thru but not so hot it burns me when I take it out of the wrapper."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.