What Will Be Apple's Next Big Thing (ipod, iPhone, iPad etc.)

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Maserati7200, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Maserati7200 macrumors 6502a

Maserati7200

11230, Midwood, Brooklyn, NY, USA, North America
    after all the rumors and speculation, the tablet is finally here. Whether you like it or not, this will be a game changer, just like the iPhone and the iPod. What do you think the next big thing Apple will be making? Obviously in the mean time we'll be discussing product updates (I.E the MBP's getting arrandale, or any redesigns or spec bumps), but what do you think the next big rumor will be for a new type of device Apple will make?

2. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I think they’ll completely redo the desktop computer as we know it.

Maybe this new iPad is a stepping stone to the mythical “thin client” appliance Oracle’s Larry Ellison tried to promote in the mid-1990’s and Steve Jobs wanted to build to save Apple.

In 1997, Jobs had to settle for what became the iMac. But things are different now.

3. talkingfuture macrumors 65816

talkingfuture

I think it will involve the living room. Either a massively rethought Apple TV or an Apple Television with built in iTunes, apps and web.

4. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

that would be awesome, i pretty much wouldn't need an iMac if i could do it all through my tv.