What will be BF price on base 15" rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by calvol, Nov 12, 2014.

1. calvol macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing it will only be discounted to the Edu price (or $100 off). As I remember last year, the BF discounts from Apple were not great. At Best Buy, the BF discount for the 13" is about $150, but none of the 15" models are discounted.

Reason I'm asking is I just bought a base 15" rMBP refurb for $1699, and am wondering whether to keep it. I doubt a new one will be discounted $300 on BF.

2. lionkin macrumors regular

lionkin

I remember I bought my first mac from apple refurb website and no regrets owning refurb macbook pro. For the price $1699 is good price plus your mac is new with warranty. All you need to get is apple care and your good to go. I would say keep it if your not having issues.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Keep what you have if its working well. Don't worry about what Apple may do in the future.

btw, I had no idea what BF was until I finished reading your post :eek:

4. calvol thread starter macrumors 6502a

This refurb base model seems to be perfect... no yellowing or retention screen issues, so I think I'll keep it.... could probably get it a little cheaper through Best Buy, but would rather deal with Apple if there is a warranty issue....