Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
all out for the iPhone 6? I will be honest...iPhone 5S isn't a bad phone but the change from iPhone 5 wasn't that big at all. Just the fingerprint sensor and little improvements to the camera. The processor isn't really much of an update because the RAM is tiny for being 64bit.
But I believe the iPhone 6 will be a monster. It's going to truly be the most beautiful phone in the market. I think that's the LAST iPhone that Steve Jobs worked/approve on before he died. What's very important is to add great battery life and a 4.7 inch screen. 2GB of ram...WAY better camera. AMAZING design. Liquid metal casing. Things like that. Apple better show everyone that they are king of all smartphones. Just like they did with the original iPhone and the iPhone 4/4S

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
There's more of a difference between the 5 and 5S that "fingerprint sensor and little improvements to the camera". The camera has been very much redesigned. It is able to capture images in low light without pixel binning, has a faster datapath for the image data, and a sharper focusing abilities as well. The CPU's full power is only just becoming known. It's shear computational abilities are far beyond that of the iPhone 5's. With its fullest extents still unreached. Whereas the 5's has been pushed to its maximum. The GPU is also more powerful and better able to handle intensive gaming. The 8th generation iPhone will likely be like a transition similar to the 3Gs to the 4. Last model's internals slightly tweaked faster in a new case. As opposed to the Last model's case with greatly improved internals.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
all out for the iPhone 6? I will be honest...iPhone 5S isn't a bad phone but the change from iPhone 5 wasn't that big at all. Just the fingerprint sensor and little improvements to the camera. The processor isn't really much of an update because the RAM is tiny for being 64bit.
But I believe the iPhone 6 will be a monster. It's going to truly be the most beautiful phone in the market. I think that's the LAST iPhone that Steve Jobs worked/approve on before he died. What's very important is to add great battery life and a 4.7 inch screen. 2GB of ram...WAY better camera. AMAZING design. Liquid metal casing. Things like that. Apple better show everyone that they are king of all smartphones. Just like they did with the original iPhone and the iPhone 4/4S
iPhone 5 to 5S was quite substantial.
GPU, CPU, camera, revolutionary fingerprint tech.

"I think that's the LAST iPhone that Steve Jobs worked/approve on before he died."
Neh.

1. Steve was not a fan of obscenely large handsets. He watched all the others swell past Apple.
2. He *may* have had a vision for TouchID as one of future UI game changers.
3. He *may* have laid a vision for evolving the ARM core with 64bit and desktop class cpu design.

But if he wanted a larger display, he could have done that by the 3GS. If iPhone 5 goes 4.7inch, we are clearly beyond the Steve Jobs era.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
407292-iphone-5s-iphone-5c-mocked-in-memes-feat-upset-steve-jobs-and-touch-id.jpg

people are never happy

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
I'm officially absolving myself of the yearly iPhone upgrade starting now. I'll be keeping my 5S until the 6S and stay on the "S" upgrade cycle thereafter.

The 5S is BEAST compared to the 5. The "S" model is always the best of the two.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
I'm officially absolving myself of the yearly iPhone upgrade starting now. I'll be keeping my 5S until the 6S and stay on the "S" upgrade cycle thereafter.

The 5S is BEAST compared to the 5. The "S" model is always the best of the two.

And then the 6 will come out and it'll be better than the 5s. It's a never ending cycle lol

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
I'm writing this from a 5s, I got my iPhone 5 just next to me and Today I just bought a 5c off ebay, i know iphones, I've only had iphones, never even tried something else.

I think we've gotten to the point where they can barely add new features, all I want from the next iphone is a bezel free display, a bigger display, not too big though, a higher resolution (and higher ppi) much better battery life, a sapphire display and more ram.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
I'm writing this from a 5s, I got my iPhone 5 just next to me and Today I just bought a 5c off ebay, i know iphones, I've only had iphones, never even tried something else.

I think we've gotten to the point where they can barely add new features, all I want from the next iphone is a bezel free display, a bigger display, not too big though, a higher resolution (and higher ppi) much better battery life, a sapphire display and more ram.

Barely add features?!
How about: all liquimetal and safire, notification LED, no bezel, global EQ, notification icons always visible in bar at top, Siri always listens no need to use home button, double the resolution, double the RAM, truly waterproof, all LTE bands, Bluetooth "HD" sound. (I forget what it's really called), dual boot to android, multiple accounts possible on phone, dual SIM capable, excellent stereo speakers, xenon flash for photos, face recognition unlock, swype keyboard, at least one common directory all apps can access for any file type, no more flat look, configurable Bluetooth options like "ignore play signal after reconnect" to stop annoyances with badly implemented protocols on many Bluetooth devices especially those built into cars, offline maps downloadable for Apple Maps, temp, humidity and altitude sensors, AM/FM radio , allow alternate browser engines, etc, etc, etc, etc. I could go on for a week!!

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Barely add features?!
How about: all liquimetal and safire, notification LED, no bezel, global EQ, notification icons always visible in bar at top, Siri always listens no need to use home button, double the resolution, double the RAM, truly waterproof, all LTE bands, Bluetooth "HD" sound. (I forget what it's really called), dual boot to android, multiple accounts possible on phone, dual SIM capable, excellent stereo speakers, xenon flash for photos, face recognition unlock, swype keyboard, at least one common directory all apps can access for any file type, no more flat look, configurable Bluetooth options like "ignore play signal after reconnect" to stop annoyances with badly implemented protocols on many Bluetooth devices especially those built into cars, offline maps downloadable for Apple Maps, temp, humidity and altitude sensors, AM/FM radio , allow alternate browser engines, etc, etc, etc, etc. I could go on for a week!!

Most of these are cringe worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.