What will come of 10.5.2?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by asdfTT123, Jan 20, 2008.

1. asdfTT123 macrumors regular

So we all know 10.5.2 will be around the corner but what bug fixed or enhancements can we see out of it? Are there any issues with 10.5.1 that need to be addressed and are there any you, personally would like to see done?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

My main hope is that the MBA multi-touch stuff comes to the MB and MBP, but Disk Utility needs to be fixed :)

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Last I heard they were updating Stacks to include a list view and the option to have a folder icon on the front all the time.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Spaces is buggy. Stops auto-moving after iTunes starts up.

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

wouldn't that require a firmware update and not just a software update? have previous incremental OS updates included firmware?

i'd also like to see it, but i understand why Apple might not want to do it.

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I'm also hoping (but I doubt it will happen) that the larger mice options in OSX Accessibility will no longer be pixelated. The same goes for allowing, without Terminal, external HDs plugged into the AEBS to be used for TM. I hope the sidebar in Finder will get an option for big text like in iTunes/Mail/iPhoto etc.

7. neilspartacus macrumors member

bluetooth

I hope and wish the buggy bluetooth stuff is fixed.
    If one remembers there are a number of threads citing problems with bluetooth headset paring and usage with leopard!
    When i have a mice connected by bluetooth and then add the PLT Voyager 510 and attempt to use it mice does not work...its a known issue (from the apple disc forums). I hope they fix the bluetooth stuff...its so annoying for me atleast!

Another thing i noticed was the cover flow view might also be buggy, the other day i was trying to play a video file on the coverflow view in finder and accidentally clicked the right arrow (an action that should move to next file on the coverflow view) and my system froze. I had to force reboot and I could repro the issue again second time!
    By the way how can we report such issues to Apple?

8. neilspartacus macrumors member

9. 109% macrumors member

109%

Preview is buggy as all get out; change brightness/contrast -> CRASH.

And I've noticed that I suddenly get two hard drive icons in Finder windows when I unplug my external Time Machine drive. V. minor, but irritating.

10. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

Thanks for the great find - I see 3 references to proxy fixes - I hope that they will solve my problem here!!

The sooner this is released the better!

11. iBunny macrumors 65816

We need new graphics drivers. Bad.

And they need to fix the spotlight issue when it indexes my drives every time I start up.

12. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Have a look here

Claims remote disk, network disk TimeMachine backup, translucent menu bar option and list view in stacks