What will happen if someone buys a MBP that is marked as delivering June 6th?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kingneptune117, May 25, 2018.

1. kingneptune117 macrumors regular

I don't get it. Will they just receive the 2018 refresh assuming they come out at WWDC? Or will they actually receive the 2017 version they ordered.

Also, I want a 2018 model. When they are released, when I go to order, will it specifically say that I am ordering the 2018 model? I don't want to get a 2017 by mistake.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

3. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

Take a look at the iMac Pro:

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/imac-pro
    https://www.apple.com/mac/

Both of these have the word "new" mentioned above or below "iMac Pro". Apple also discontinues the previous year's models, so there won't be any confusion. As long as you order AFTER the products have been released, you will be fine.

4. Sterkenburg macrumors 6502

You'll get what you ordered, but you should also be within the return window in case a new model comes out.
    No possible mistakes for orders placed after the release date, as usually the Apple Store briefly goes offline shortly before and during a new model announcement. After that, it will be up and running again with the new models.

5. leman macrumors G3

If I remember correctly from previous releases, you’d get a message stating that new models are out and a request to pick one of those...

6. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

Once again, I predict:
    No new MacBooks available for shipping at WWDC.
    There -might- be an announcement of "new product" coming later in the year, but...
    ... probably nothing available "right away".

And... no guarantee of any new MacBooks at all, at this point.
    (usually, there would be some rumors and scuttlebutt making its way around the net, if there was...)

7. Falhófnir macrumors 68030

Falhófnir

If it’s just a chip bump and tweaking the keyboard to be less prone to failing it’s a case of ‘nothing to see’ so there won’t be any rumours floating about

8. meme1255 macrumors 6502a

There have never been many rumors regarding MBPs spec bumps.

9. benface macrumors regular

Lol are you serious? It’s 99.9% guaranteed there will be refreshed MacBook Pros at WWDC. They usually refresh every 8 months and it’s been a full year.

10. hajime macrumors 601

Maybe good for you since the upcoming model may be even worse. Apple has been taking out useful features and downgrading the MBP line.

11. meme1255 macrumors 6502a

Ehm... 2016 -> 2017 was a DOWNgrade in which aspect?

12. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

It wasn’t. Don’t listen to trolls.

13. pmau macrumors 65816

I think so, too. Apple will update the batteries and the keyboard and charge $100 more.
    Didn't Apple say they wanted differently formed batteries, but could not produce them reliably?
    My bet is batteries and keyboard...

14. lambertjohn macrumors 6502a

By then, you'll know about the new models and will have plenty of opportunity to cancel your old order and get a new 2018 model instead. That's the whole idea behind Apple's strategy to push the deliverable date until after the Developers Conference, so you have more time to make an informed decision on exactly which computer you want: 2017 or 2018. Otherwise, they'd get a flood of returns from folks wanting the 2018 model instead. It's just Apple making a sound business decision. However, if you don't cancel your order, come June 6, you're going to get exactly what you ordered, nothing more, nothing less.

15. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Be nice if Apple would offer a better keyboard for the people who need them. All for the sake of thin we got the butterfly keyboard. Apple keyboards used to be so good.