Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lavisking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
When the iPhone 3g was released the iPhone 2g price was slashed in half...I was kind of expecting this to happen to the 3g now but by the sound of it if I went into the apple store tomorrow morning I wouldn't be able to purchase one at all...Anybody reckon there will be a price cut or is that just the end of them?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
They will be given to military soldiers. No, idk but really this option would be great and nice :)

Marty Macfly

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
They'll be kept in storage, waiting for people with 3G models to craftily have them "die" in the hope that they'd get a free iPhone 4.

Parts and replacements, mainly, is what I'm saying.

cowsrus

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2008
there really isn't a reason to keep it around now that the 3gs has taken over the 8gb model at $99

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I'd imagine they'll simply add them to the warranty replacement stockpile and distribute them to Apple stores accordingly.

I got my 3G replaced a fortnight ago because of a crack near the headphone socket, and it was a brand new iPhone, recognised through the serial number (beginning 88 and not 5K like other refurbs) as well as iTunes saying, "Welcome to your new iPhone" when I synced it for the first time, which my previous refurb did not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.