What will happen to these people?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by waloshin, May 25, 2011.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

The 6 people involved in Sunday's kidnapping and assault charges all appeared in the Estevan Court House this morning.

Creston Hanson, Ronald Antoine Himmelspech, Dustan Ryan MacNeil, Jessica Lee Smith, Amanda Danielle Knebush and Spencer Preston Persson will return to court on Monday. They will be remanded in custody until that time and are all facing charges ranging from kidnapping, use of fire arms, extortion, assault with a weapon and death threats.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

3. simsaladimbamba

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

While I am not an expert in Canadian law, it sounds like they will be eventually be tried for the crimes they are charged with. If found guilty, they will receive punishments for their crimes?

5. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Yes that's it.

The question is though will they be get a slap on the wrist or will they actually get jail time?

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

We have a new rule here. It' called the Waloshin rule. No new threads until you provide closure in your previous thread.

7. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I know way too little about the case and there are way too many variables (cooperation/plea deals with the prosecution, etc.) But most of those crimes sound like felonies to me (well maybe not death threats) which I would assume come with jail time.