Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Have you ever thought about that? Realistically he probably has less than 10 years. But what will happen to Apple? What direction will they take? Is Jobs grooming someone to fill his position?

Its interesting to think that Jobs and Gates have defined the computer industry and both will probably retire in 10-15 years.

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
skubish said:
Have you ever thought about that? Realistically he probably has less than 10 years. But what will happen to Apple? What direction will they take? Is Jobs grooming someone to fill his position?

Its interesting to think that Jobs and Gates have defined the computer industry and both will probably retire in 10-15 years.

Never fear. He has a plan.

Doga

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2003
Near Montréal, Canada
No cloning, no apprentice. And no retirement. Thanks to Apple's top-secret iForever software suite, he'll be around for a long, long time -- except he'll be in a different format than he is now. ;)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
jobs will probably remain active with the company as long as he possibly can, its not a Job for him, its his life and passion.....

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
mpw said:
Better grip and braking?

:D

Which would make him a retired.

I think Apple will be fine when he retires. Sure, he runs the company now and makes all the major decisions and seems to have a knack for picking the right directions, but he's been doing it long enough now for people to be able to mimic his style and maintain the same standards we've come to expect from an Apple leader.

NEENAHBOY

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2004
Arlington, VA
skubish said:
What will happen when Jobs retires?

Let's see...Apple stock will plummet, 1 Infinite Loop will be looted, fires will be set and general chaos will ensue.

Just kidding. I'm sure there's a rock-solid plan in place should he retire or even die unexpectedly.

iMatt mini

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2005
Central New Jersey
NEENAHBOY said:
Let's see...Apple stock will plummet, 1 Infinite Loop will be looted, fires will be set and general chaos will ensue.

Just kidding. I'm sure there's a rock-solid plan in place should he retire or even die unexpectedly.
Or Gates assassinates him out of pure jealousy. :rolleyes:

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
Doga said:
No cloning, no apprentice. And no retirement. Thanks to Apple's top-secret iForever software suite, he'll be around for a long, long time -- except he'll be in a different format than he is now. ;)
Hehe. Regenerate, like the Doctor.
His reality distortion field will always live on, enabling him to control the company from his simplistic yet powerful white fluffy cloud in the sky, or wherever he may be. Even in his sleep probably!

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
vniow said:
Why he'll just run the company with his little minions of course.

Dahh his little minions (300 hundred of them) could rule the world!!! Or they could sneek into Gates mansion and assasinate him quickly and quitely. ;)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
NEENAHBOY said:

He has been working on an Intel compatible version of himself for the past 5 years. PPC Steve will die. Intel-based Steve will thrive.

Steve wasn't really one of the lucky few who survived pancreatic cancer. The Steve you see today is a robot, so he'll be okay.

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
skubish said:

I doubt it. There are a lot of very old CEOs and with good reason. They have experience and brains.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
vniow said:
Why he'll just run the company with his little minions of course.

!!!!
first of all: I want one! I'll be eating some popsicles tomorrow!!
2ndly: Can I be a minion? I'd be an awesome CEO. I'm CEO/CFO of my own company, if that helps.
That company?
Kt's Wallet Inc.
I'm currently bankrupt.

Invest!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.