iPhone What will happend if my phone get bricked?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by T0mislave, Aug 8, 2013.

1. T0mislave macrumors member

People i wanna know if my iphone 5 get's brucked what are the consiquences? Ty

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

iOS devices cannot typically be bricked. Not sure how this relates to iOS 7.

3. zmagik macrumors regular

It can't be bricked people use the term Bricked to scare people.

4. T0mislave thread starter macrumors member

I mean if my iphone 5 brick after it i can't use it mever again?

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

It's rare for an iOS device to be bricked.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

So...basically the question is "what happens if my iPhone breaks?"

That's something that is different for everyone. What would you do if anything you own breaks? Generally something for you to decide what to do with it, right?

7. T0mislave thread starter macrumors member

People,i have iphone 5 gift from cousins, i am in financial crisies so i can't afford myself to be a developer atm.lot of iphone users have ios 7 beta on it for free, i only reged my udid ,but it is said if u no developer ios 7 beta could brick your device?what does it really mean ?

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_(electronics)

(Generally not something that happens with iOS updates, even if something goes wrong, since you can almost always recover in one way or another.)

9. T0mislave thread starter macrumors member

I am running ios 6.1.4 atm.i reg my udid to get beta but i am scary of bricking,so i won't do it.i just wanna know what brick really mean ? Tnx :)

10. batting1000 macrumors 604

It doesn't brick your device or do anything bad. If you do it wrong, you just have to revert to iOS 6. We can't really discuss the steps of how to do it here, but just go on YouTube or Google and look it up.

----------

It means that your device doesn't respond to anything and no longer works no matter what you try to do. Loading the iOS 7 beta will not brick your phone.

11. T0mislave thread starter macrumors member

Why apple say that if u use ios 7 beta and no developer that will brick your device and make it unusable ?

12. batting1000 macrumors 604

They never said that. If you load it without having a registered UDID, you get a screen telling you to register. That's all. All you have to do is restore back to iOS 6. Apple cannot deliberately brick your phone just because you try to load developer software.

13. T0mislave thread starter macrumors member

And btw there was 1 post from someone who said that his iphone 5 is unusable after 2-3 days ise of ios 7 beta and he can't do nothing with the phone?it is blank and can't go dfu, recovery,nothing ...

----------

I don't have money atm for reged developer,i only reged mu udid to use beta free.so it will brick...?

14. batting1000 macrumors 604

No, it won't be bricked whether you're a registered developer or not. It's just that you need a registered UDID to actually use iOS 7. The post you're describing was a bug which I haven't seen anyone mention since beta 2 or 3.

15. T0mislave thread starter macrumors member

So u are sayin that the man from the post lied about his iphone that get screwed after using ios 7 beta?...

16. batting1000 macrumors 604

I'm not saying he lied, I'm saying it was likely a bug that Apple fixed.

17. zmagik macrumors regular

No it might of happen in beta 1 or something beta 5 is stable now so nothing will happen

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

Or something happened with his phone not necessarily related to iOS 7...like random things that happen to different people's iPhones (and other phones or electronics) in general from time to time.

19. T0mislave thread starter macrumors member

So people honestly did u suggest me to go on ios 7 beta 5? I am not developer but i am reg udid....?no money atm :(

20. zmagik macrumors regular

It's you choice but if something does go wrong like a bug then don't complain here. But I say go for it seems stable enough

21. viperGTS macrumors 65816

I will kindly suggest just not to go to the beta. :) especially if you are this concerned. Just stay on iOS 6 a bit longer.

22. T0mislave thread starter macrumors member

23. batting1000 macrumors 604

Then don't do it. Just wait for the public release next month.

24. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

Everybody, this guy is just trolling you, he is saying over and over that he has no money, yet owns an iPhone 5 and wants iOS 7 and you keep answering him... come on!!!!

EDIT: I'll probably will get my account suspended because I said "trolling" :(

25. batting1000 macrumors 604

He said he got it as a gift from his cousins if you read above. ;)