What will hold better value

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by waloshin, Apr 23, 2009.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

A refurb old Macbook Pro 8600m gt
    or a refurn aluminum macbook 2.4ghz
    -Both are the same price right now!

Which one would be worth more when USB 3.0 and Firewire 3200 comes out next year

Thanks

2. desiringGod macrumors regular

Probably the Pro, but it shouldn't matter. Go with the one that best fits you. If you need the bigger screen and firewire, go with the pro.

If you want portability and a "newer" computer model go with the MB 2.4

If there is a MBP for $1299 it won't last long or come around often. The 2.4 MB is always around.

3. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

I would get the unibody. No screwy graphics card.

4. aleni macrumors 68000

it's a hard choice really.

the macbook seems to be long lasting and without the possible faulty graphic card unlike the 8600GT. one thing is the screen seems really washed out and bad even compared to the old model of macbook pro.

in the other hand, the macbook pro has larger resolution thus giving more space to work, but the possible faulty graphic card is worrying even though apple is acknowledging the problem and continue to support a replacement warranty if its dead.

if i were u, i'd spend a bit more money and get the refurbished unibody macbook pro.

5. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

i say pro cuz devices with firewire 3200 might still work with it.

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

The pro has already lost a good portion of its original value so it would most likely hold its current value better. Although make sure to sell it before the Applecare expires if you are going to sell it next year.

7. Illicit macrumors 6502

i'd say the pro. but only if its covered by the extended warranty so if the video card conks out you could still get it replaced for free.

8. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030