What will I be missing if I don't get the iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan360, Jun 7, 2010.

1. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

So if I have a 3GS, what part of iOS 4.0 will I NOT be able to use?

Just curious because those with a 3GS seem like they will have everything except front facing video chat, recording in 720p and flash pictures.

2. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

no face time...no camera flash, no A4, and of course you won't have the new design

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I love the sexy new look, and until today I thought I'd be all over the new phone on release day, but after actually thinking about the features I think I may wait until my full-upgrade eligibility in January. In fact, the thing I was most excited about in this keynote was Netflix coming to the iPhone, and that should work fine on my 3GS. That and 4.0 will make my 3GS feel like a new phone, and I think that will tide me over until January.

The one feature that I was sure was going to pull me in for an early upgrade was iChat, which I expected to be able to use iPhone-to-PC and over 3G. FaceTime as announced is not a must-have feature for me.

In the end the iPhone 4 for me boils down to a hi-res screen, better camera, and gyroscope. I just don't think getting those features now is worth two hundred extra dollars to me.

5. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

You won't get attention drawn to you and babes. White iPhone 4 ftw. :D

6. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

You'd be missing a bit of speed, HD video recording, a much higher resolution screen, front facing camera, and a better camera for still photos.

I'm not blown away by the new iPhone, but it's definitely an evolutionary step.

7. supercaliber macrumors regular

#1 reason i am buying is because the pictures you take with the new iPhone will actual be worth keeping. Current iPHone pics are just too low res to use for anything other than wallet-size pics

#2 reason is that my current iPhone is beat to hell

#3 reason is that my upgrade is coming around in a month

#4 reason is that i might just waste hours playing with the super coolio high res screen, scroll up scrolll down scroll up scroll down