What will I need to do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by feistymama, Aug 23, 2008.

1. feistymama macrumors newbie

I have just bought a 3G on eBay UK (I live in the UK) and it is locked and two weeks old.

I am happy to stay with 02 because they have great coverage where I live and places I need to travel to on business.

Am I correct in thinking I need to buy a 3G SIM card from 02 and add the Web/WiFi bolt on?

Will I need to get it unlocked?

Basically I need an idiots guide to exactly what to do when I receive it please!

2. feistymama thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I don't know how things work in the UK but...

Over here in America you need to get an iPhone plan or else you'll get hammered on your data usage. If you don't have a 3G sim card I suppose you would need that as well, your best bet would be to contact 02.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's not really currently feasible to get an iPhone 3G unlocked, as far as I know.... I believe the rest is as simple as calling O2 and telling them you got an iPhone 3G and want to activate it....

5. tallon macrumors newbie

tallon

If the phone is already activated, then you should be able to use an O2 Simplicity sim card. All you pay for is the SIM, no need to buy a phone with it. They start at £15 per month, but if you take the £20 per month tariff (or above) you can add the unlimited web bolt-on.

I assume this option would work for you, though you should probably wait for other people's opinions before doing anything! That being said, the unlimited web bolt-on for the £20 tariff is only available this month.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/sim_only