what will Leopard add to the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shecky, Aug 18, 2007.

1. shecky Guest

shecky

in terms of additional functionality that the new OS will add to the phone via iSync, etc.

for example, one of the reasons i am not on an iphone now is the lack of native note syncing, but i understand that notes will be a part of the core OS when Leopard comes out and i hope that it will make its way to the iPhone.

2. Okiewan, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited: May 15, 2013

Okiewan macrumors member

No one can answer that question short of Apple dev team members willing to lose their job.
    do boi nu quan ao nu han quoc yem an cho be chan vay cong so chan vay cong so chup anh thoi trang

3. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Doesnt the iPhone sync with iTunes and not iSync??

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

5. Okiewan, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited: May 15, 2013

Okiewan macrumors member

6. Starfall macrumors member

As you've said, iPhone notes will likely sync back to the upcoming notes feature in Leopard Mail. Also, there will probably be some sort of ToDo app on the iPhone that will sync to Mail, which I believe will have new ToDo functionality in Leopard.

7. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Pretty simple really. What percentage of iphone users do you think run Windows? Do you think Apple wants to limit the iphone market to people that only run OS X? Enough said.

8. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Show us some numbers or it's nothing more than an opinion. Enough said.:)

9. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

What if they gave OS X users extra functionality, tempting windows users to buy a mac?

10. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Apple want's to sell more Macs, so if they offer iPhone features that are Leopard exclusive, Windows users with iPhones can add another reason to switch.

I'm just making these figures up, but say 1,000 Windows users buy iPhones, then Leopard comes out, and Apple touts iPhone integration with Leopard adding some really cool new features. Out of that thousand, maybe 800 decide to buy a Mac. Not just because of iPhone functionality, but for some people, that will be the tipping point. And if you own an iPod or an iPhone, you're already halfway there.

Edit:
    Damn, beat me by 60 seconds. :)

11. iLeoMarc macrumors regular

I'm a windows user, and if that happens...Then the faster I pull the trigger! :D

12. beate macrumors regular

Maybe whatever would make Notes syncing or a To-Do list possible in Leopard (Mail) is already embedded into Windows (Outlook).

Maybe Apple is waiting for Mac OS to catch up so as not to enable it for Windows users and pissing off the Mac users...

It's all speculation anyway.

13. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

I was gonna say the same exact thing. Makes a lot more sense than Apple benefiting Mac members with exclusive features.

14. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Too early me thinks.

Never gonna happen. People that switch to OS X dont NEED windows, most folks that don't switch do.
    IMO Apple should release OS X for ANY COMPUTER then your argument(s) makes sense. Until then, the argument is ridiculous IMO.