what will Leopard add to the iPhone?

shecky

Original poster
May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
in terms of additional functionality that the new OS will add to the phone via iSync, etc.

for example, one of the reasons i am not on an iphone now is the lack of native note syncing, but i understand that notes will be a part of the core OS when Leopard comes out and i hope that it will make its way to the iPhone.

Okiewan

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2007
in terms of additional functionality that the new OS will add to the phone via iSync, etc.

for example, one of the reasons i am not on an iphone now is the lack of native note syncing, but i understand that notes will be a part of the core OS when Leopard comes out and i hope that it will make its way to the iPhone.
No one can answer that question short of Apple dev team members willing to lose their job.
do boi nu quan ao nu han quoc yem an cho be chan vay cong so chan vay cong so chup anh thoi trang

Last edited:

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005

Doesnt the iPhone sync with iTunes and not iSync??

Starfall

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2005
Denver

As you've said, iPhone notes will likely sync back to the upcoming notes feature in Leopard Mail. Also, there will probably be some sort of ToDo app on the iPhone that will sync to Mail, which I believe will have new ToDo functionality in Leopard.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Pretty simple really. What percentage of iphone users do you think run Windows? Do you think Apple wants to limit the iphone market to people that only run OS X? Enough said.
Show us some numbers or it's nothing more than an opinion. Enough said.:)

hollerz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Durham, UK
Pretty simple really. What percentage of iphone users do you think run Windows? Do you think Apple wants to limit the iphone market to people that only run OS X? Enough said.
What if they gave OS X users extra functionality, tempting windows users to buy a mac?

ghall

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Apple want's to sell more Macs, so if they offer iPhone features that are Leopard exclusive, Windows users with iPhones can add another reason to switch.

I'm just making these figures up, but say 1,000 Windows users buy iPhones, then Leopard comes out, and Apple touts iPhone integration with Leopard adding some really cool new features. Out of that thousand, maybe 800 decide to buy a Mac. Not just because of iPhone functionality, but for some people, that will be the tipping point. And if you own an iPod or an iPhone, you're already halfway there.

Edit:
What if they gave OS X users extra functionality, tempting windows users to buy a mac?
Damn, beat me by 60 seconds. :)

iLeoMarc

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2007
Apple want's to sell more Macs, so if they offer iPhone features that are Leopard exclusive, Windows users with iPhones can add another reason to switch.
I'm a windows user, and if that happens...Then the faster I pull the trigger! :D

beate

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Maybe whatever would make Notes syncing or a To-Do list possible in Leopard (Mail) is already embedded into Windows (Outlook).

Maybe Apple is waiting for Mac OS to catch up so as not to enable it for Windows users and pissing off the Mac users...

It's all speculation anyway.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
Maybe whatever would make Notes syncing or a To-Do list possible in Leopard (Mail) is already embedded into Windows (Outlook).

Maybe Apple is waiting for Mac OS to catch up so as not to enable it for Windows users and pissing off the Mac users...

It's all speculation anyway.
I was gonna say the same exact thing. Makes a lot more sense than Apple benefiting Mac members with exclusive features.

nikhsub1

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2007
mmmm... jessica.'s beer...
Show us some numbers or it's nothing more than an opinion. Enough said.:)
Too early me thinks.

Never gonna happen. People that switch to OS X dont NEED windows, most folks that don't switch do.

I'm just making these figures up, but say 1,000 Windows users buy iPhones, then Leopard comes out, and Apple touts iPhone integration with Leopard adding some really cool new features. Out of that thousand, maybe 800 decide to buy a Mac. Not just because of iPhone functionality, but for some people, that will be the tipping point. And if you own an iPod or an iPhone, you're already halfway there.

Edit:

Damn, beat me by 60 seconds. :)
I'm a windows user, and if that happens...Then the faster I pull the trigger! :D
IMO Apple should release OS X for ANY COMPUTER then your argument(s) makes sense. Until then, the argument is ridiculous IMO.