What will Leopard mean for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Sep 27, 2007.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

With Leopard around the corner, is it possible that some iPhone features are deliberately being held back until Leopard is out?

Is there any technical reason why Apple may want to hold back on some sort of iPhone apps until after Leopard is out?

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I doubt it, but it would be cool to see an app that would allow you to access your computers through the "Back to your Mac" feature.

Heres to hoping.

3. avalys macrumors 6502

Well, they have three blank spaces on the iPhone screen to fill...

4. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I have the same feeling. Once Leopard is out we will see more applications being supported on the iPhone.

5. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I would think that there's probably a bunch of things that had to be back ported to Tiger when Apple announced a 1 year delay.

I'm sure there were probably some features that weren't worth the back port and were bastardized or eliminated all together.

Hopefully we'll see some nice feature upgrades to iLife and iWork once Leopard gets rolled out.

With all this iBricking and locking out software, I hope they aren't reserving all those icon spaces on the iPhone / iTouch for corporate sponsored advertising spots. First you had Starbucks, how far behind is a McDonalds tie in or a Burger Dudes for that matter.

If that starts to become the case, I'm using mine as an iDoorStop and getting a new phone.

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I sure hope so. Either way, i cant wait till Leopard, last day of october right?