What will really change in June to MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by majapapaya, May 7, 2007.

1. majapapaya macrumors member

majapapaya

Hi,
    I've been reading Buying Tips in Mac Forums for a couple of weeks now and you all have been very helpful. But unfortunenatly it has delayed my purchase on a Macbook Pro 15inch 2.16ghz. (I did find a good price $1,835.00) But I cant make up my mind!!!

The issue is should I wait til June for the WWDC and the updates?
    How new will the models be?
    Will there be a huge price difference in the models?
    What kind of udates are expected? I'm not sure if the updates will be that important to me.
    Am I to understand that Leopard won't be released then?

I am very excited to buy and would love to get my Laptop this week. I understand that most of this stuff is hush hush from Apple, but if it's worth the wait, I can wait.
    Thanks again for all the good advice!!

2. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

Graphics Card
    Minor design change
    magnetic latch
    Maybe more standard ram in the higher end model? (2GB)
    processor
    logic board

..Just me wishing i guess.

3. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

Since WWDC is like, a month away, id say wait.

4. jonessoda5 macrumors newbie

Wishful Thinking…

I would be surprised if apple doesn't update the MBP at WWDC and at the very least before back to school kicks in. The changes might be minor like those mentioned before, but am I alone in thinking it's time for an overhaul of the MBP? Granted it's a steller laptop with a tried and true enclosure that is just as sexy as it was when it was released, but when has that ever stopped apple from updating?

I realize that the guts of it have gone through some major revisions, and the enclosure was altered when it became the Macbook Pro last year, but with the exception of the isight cam, the magsafe, and a wider trackpad, this enclosure has gone essentially unchanged since September of 2003! Even the MacBook is ahead of it in that respect.

Here's my wishful predictions based on the hope that apple will wow us once more…

New Enclosure
    LED backlit LCD display
    Hybrid Harddrive for increased system performance and faster boot times
    Increased standard RAM
    ESATA jack

5. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

I think Leopard is released to developers in June, but won't be available to the public until October.

I would wait until June. I don't think the MBP will show any amazing new features, just upgraded hardware to the standard that most other companies now have.

6. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Being bulimic [I can read minds] I know that they'll have slot loading blu-ray burners on them.

But really, they'll probably do what they normally do and increase the general performance of the machine while keeping the same costs. Though you do essentially get more for the same current price; however, if you are always waiting for the next best thing to come out you'll always be waiting.

7. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

Wait at least, there is always a chance it might be updated.

Pretty new.
    I expect the prices to stay the same.
    Check this.
    Leopard is delayed until October.

8. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I'm sort of waiting for one too. My Powerbook is dying on me.

iSight is probably the thing that will have the biggest effect on my work, but dual booting will be nice too. Yes I know the current model has these things, but my PB still has some life in it yet, so I feel worth waiting for a MBP revision.

- ESata jack would be lovely, finally some decent external speed.
    - LED? whatever as long as I get better battery life.
    - 4gig addressable RAM - fab, but need more slots.

- Santa Rosa? Hmm. I don't expect it to make that much difference.