What will the eBay price for the 4S be in 6 months?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Colin Len, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Colin Len macrumors newbie

Sort of a strange question, I know, but here's why I'm asking. I'm on a family plan, someone else took my upgrade - I should be up for "new every two" right now, but because my upgrade was used by another line, I have to wait until March 19th 2012. I've been wanting an iPhone for YEARS and now it's available for VZW and my current phone is on it's last legs (unlikely to survive until March 19th).

I was considering buying the 32GB 4S right now for full price of $749, then in March when I can upgrade I'd sign a 2yr contract, get a new phone for $299 and immediately sell it on eBay to recoup some of the money spent on the first one. I'm just wondering what people think that phone would fetch on ebay - brand new, in box, never used. I realize it's speculation, but just ballpark would be very helpful. I mean, are we talking $400? $500? $600? $700?

Like everyone else I'm just trying to figure out the best/cheapest option to get this phone NOW, lol. Thanks in advance for any input on this dilemma!

2. appleaccessorie macrumors newbie

Who knows?
    But you can make a try. Maybe you can sell it for a nice profit.
    Best regards.

3. 2010RS macrumors 6502

4. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Seems like a decent plan. Just do it, what have you got to lose?

5. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Based on previous iphones, an educated guess would be that the 4s 32gb would be worth between 550-650$ new within the next 6-10 months. Iphones hold value pretty well so I say go for it and enjoy the 4s!

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Buy a cheap 3GS to hold you over until the next release and buy that one. If not a 3GS, see if you can get a 4 from one of the many unloading them during the 4S upgrades. Should be some good deals if you're quick.

7. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Your new iPhone 4S will sell for approx $50-$70 less than a new unlocked one would sell for. (Once you account for PayPal and shipping fees.)

Hope this helps,
    Bryan

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

In the highly unlikely event that anyone can answer this accurately, I'd also like to know the lottery numbers for NY tonight. Thanks in advance.