What will the iMac, MacBook, iPhone, Mac Pro and iPad be like in 2070?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacintoshMaster, Mar 24, 2011.

1. MacintoshMaster macrumors 6502

MacintoshMaster

What do you think? I do believe that the iPhone in 2070 will be far better than a 2011 maxed out mac pro 12 core. I bet the MacBook air and iPad will be as thin as a sheet of paper? I am expecting 800ghz 5000 core standard on the MacBook. But how would programs use all that power? If I had a 800ghz CPU and 4tb ram logic pro would not need all that power so would not take advantage of it all. What else is there to add to logic for example to make it so it would need 800ghz? If you could use all that power for effects but a song would sound stupid. I think that the sample rate would go into the billions and 889883747 bit plug-ins. I bet hard drives will be 80 petabyte standard. I bet screens would have 10 trillion more pixels per mm more than the retina display. IPhone would have a 10000000000000 mpx camera with video at 900000000000fps. With a zoom that can go 5000 miles without losing quality!

2. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

The iMac, MacBook, iPhone, Mac Pro and iPad won't exist in 2070.

In fact Apple may not even exist.

Just think of how things were 60 years ago and the rapid increase in technologic advancements over the last decade. Nobody can predict what is going to happen even over the next decade in technology, let alone 60 years from now.

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I think Apple Inc. will still exist, only the iPads, iPhones, and computers of today will look as chunky and useless as the Mac Classic does to us today. The real question is what AAPL stock will be at in 60 years.

4. mclide macrumors newbie

I don't think Apple will still be on top. There will be a few up and coming companies that will knock it off its pedestal.

5. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Nah...they be 50 kiloquad. I have no idea how many TB = 1 quad, but I'm thinking a whole lot.

6. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Exactly.

Just look at the history of DJIA components over the past 115 years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_components_of_the_Dow_Jones_Industrial_Average).

You will notice that the early days consisted of rail, steel, gas, and other resources. At that time, it was the stuff that kept America running. As cars became more popular, more and more automotive companies were added. In the 20s and 30s you start to see things such as Westinghouse Electric and Coca Cola. As time went on, more companies were added to fit the current build of the country.

Back in the early days of the Dow, it was dominated by minerals. Now, Aloca (aluminum) is the only company representing them.

We don't even see any auto manufacturers on the Dow anymore. Boeing is the only company that comes close (and maybe caterpillar if you drive around in one of those things).

Now, there are plenty of technology companies such as Intel, Microsoft, ATT and Verizon (which is more telecom, but close enough), Cisco, and IBM.

Over the next 60 years, you will see the number of technology (as it is described today) companies off the DJIA and there will be maybe 1 company to represent them all. As for telecom, it is a maturing product and will most likely also be consolidated. We will see a new wave of ideas and types of products that we never even thought about. Those will be the companies that dominate the market at the time.

Basically, Apple may still be around, but not to the extent it is today. There will be no iPad or iPhone or iPod (what kid wants to use a product that their great grandparents used?). However, Apple may have still be an research company and have a vault of patents to keep it going.

7. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I think our content and things will be online and stream to our devices rather than being stored on hard drives, although this is already happening. 2070 is so far off it's hard to predict anything, never mind the tech industry, which is probably the fastest-moving and quickest advancing out of all of them.

8. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

I remember 1960. It is impossible to predict that far into the future. Here is 1960 to show what 50 years is in the life of a gadget. My sister had a record player like that. It was portable, so it's a reference to the iPod. The TV was color and a lot like the one in our back room. The computer is the Digital DEC - 1 and was marketed as a personal/business computer. It cost $120,000 in 1960. My Dad's salary as a purchasing agent for a big oil company was around $15,000. The house in the suburbs we had built in 1960 was $25,000.

Dale

Attached Files:

9. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

If I leave mine where they are ... very dusty! :D

Seriously, if they still exist in 2017 I'll be surprised.