What will the iPhone 6 need to beat the Note 4 and S5 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Since ios 7 is good and all but there will be the successor to the kit kat android update and of course ios 8 but it will mostly be a copy of the S5 software that has the heart rate monitor and things like that.
    I don't know how the iphone 6 could match with the note 4 or even S5
    Full HD screen
    3gb ram
    4K video recording with 16+mp ois
    2.5+ghz

I love iphone but it's about 2-3 years behind in most of its technology. Even the S4 which is older than the iphone 5S has better features.
    Apple hasn't really innovated lately in the past 2 years with its iOS device but yes the ipad is the best tablet out there and the best laptop is the macbook but for smartphone iphone is behind

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

About .1% of buyers care about hardware specs of the kind you just listed.

3. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Your post give the impression that you are a closet android enthusiast. Same crap repackaged in a new thread. Anyways, I'll go ahead and bite.

Android is an unoptimized mess and needs those specs to keep up to iOS buttery smoothness. Have you seen the lag in the Galaxy S5 videos? Every last spec you mentioned are a waste except maybe 4k recording. That's more a gimmick at this time.

Android phones are damn near all the same so they differentiate by marketing specs and adding multiple calendars, mail apps and pointless UI wrappers to get you hook line and sinker.

It feels like Android is Microsoft Windows all over again and that's not a good thing.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It will need to be an iPhone.

And I am not kidding. Apple could give us very little and it would still sell. The interia the iPhone has is tremendous. We would need 2-3 generations of flops (or something ridiculously astounding from the competition - something I can't even think of because if I could I would be much wealthier) for the iPhone to be dethroned.

5. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Compact size. iPhone is already winning this race. The Android options are to go big or go crappy.

6. imejh macrumors member

imejh

iPhone with integrated lightsaber? Then maybe Apple would get credit for being innovative with their technological advancements once again.

7. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

What will the iPhone 6 need to beat the Note 4 and S5 ?

An Apple logo on the back.

8. bigjack216 macrumors newbie

Honestly spec wise I don't see the 6 comparing to any of those phones optimization wise ios is the clear winner but android is catching up ios 8 is going to need to add a little more than all the health related stuff to compete though with it being released closer to the note 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.