What will the new 6-Core Mac Pro be like, especially comparing this AlienWare!!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jjahshik32, Mar 23, 2010.

1. grandtheftfob macrumors newbie

hopefully a lot better looking. that thing is fugly.

2. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

Ok, that HDD rack is pretty cool. As are the LED work-lights. Wouldn't mind a few of those in the MP. Little hesitant about another water cooled Mac, that didn't work so well last time. Cable management is pretty disappointing though for such an expensive and high-end prebuilt machine. C'mon, the case is designed from the ground-up for that machine, why the exposed wires?

3. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Probably not much different than the 4 core 3.33Ghz Mac Pro but with 2 more cores and a newer graphics card with the option of a Radeon 5800 or GeForce 400 series card.

4. octatonic macrumors regular

octatonic

WOW. That is hideous.

Why do PC's have to look like a deformed transformer's head?

5. gfiz macrumors 6502

gfiz

yes it's ugly as sin on the outside, but the inside is pretty sweet. Especially that hard drive rack.

6. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

As a designer I am both shocked and appalled!

7. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

Impressive components, ugly design.

The Mac pro will be the opposite.

8. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

I don't think apple could get its head out of there rear end to build a system like this. The next mac pro will come with some lame card. Dells system isn't to bad but I lost trust with dell on quality control the past 5 years. But then again, apple has been slipping too. I can get the 980X for 1 grand now and build one for around 3 grand depending on quality parts. Guess we will have to wait and see what apple will come out with and how much they will jack the price up to.

9. al2o3cr macrumors regular

What that machine needs...

What that machine needs is a 3 foot high spoiler sticking out the top, and maybe some racing stripes. Then it would match likely buyer's cars better. :)

I'm also amused at how they spent a fortune on graphics cards and then cheaped out with only 6GB of RAM. WTF?

10. OddThomas macrumors regular

OddThomas

ha-ha yes it's ugly, but no sees my Mac Pro only the monitors are visible. It's to the right of my desk on the floor. Would be the same with this Alien.

11. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

It looks like a helmet form a bad scifi movie. It really just makes me that more anxious for the new mac. It is unfortunate that Apple has a habit of deep gauging for extra memory. I'm hoping 3rd party sources are available at the launch. It would help greatly to rein in the extreme configured price that this will end up at.

12. strausd macrumors 68030

i think the next mac pro will be better when it comes to processors, 2 hexacores will be insane

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Alienware machines have always been a little out-there, but I guess that's the point right?